This well-respected fire engineering consultancy are looking to recruit a systems engineer with a technical background in the design of sprinkler (and ideally watermist) systems. The successful applicant will be responsible for providing technical expertise and support to the business to ensure robust, achievable and acceptable technical outcomes, guaranteeing the timely delivery of customer facing works. Responsibilities include:
• Ensure a faultless level of cooperation and collaboration to deliver the business objectives.
• Deliver a best-in-class service to stakeholders in particular Customers and Operations.
• Maintaining and recording continuous professional development (CPD) training to continually improve technical expertise, including training activities (both internal & external, formal & informal).
• Ensure that your deliverables meet with appropriate technical standards.
• Ensure technical delivery of projects to time quality and cost.
• Carry out site inspections meeting.
• Maintain a technical management process which ensures compliance with all industry standards and procedures.
• Engender a spirit of best-in-class technical due diligence to protect customers, the business and society.
• Provide technical support to the satisfactory resolution of contractual matters with customers.
• Assist in ensuring and maintenance of suitable limited KPI’s to ensure best in class performance of the technical team.
• Support the Project / Technical delivery teams during change control discussions, claims or contract disputes.
• Maintain technical records and documentation, such as technical files etc.
Candidates will need the following skills and attributes:
• Ideally an engineering degree in mechanical or fire related subject
• LPCB basic, intermediate and FHC qualifications for sprinkler system design - or equivalent work-based experience
• Experience of working in a multi-site, multi-discipline business
• A proven track record of delivering technical success
• Proficient knowledge, use and understanding of BS EN 12845, BS9251, BS 8458, BS 8489.
• Extensive experience in sprinkler system design and design review from small residential systems through to commercial and industrial systems
• Relevant experience of balancing the needs of Customers, Shareholders and Employees
• The ability to deliver to tight timescales and deadlines consistently
• Exceptional communication skills and interpersonal relations at all levels
• Design team meeting experience
• Experience in water mist systems and ideally gas suppression
Understanding of NFPA / FM Global guidelines. AutoCAD experience and familiar with full hydraulic calculations, preferably CANUTE.
This fantastic opportunity to work for a consultancy comes with a basic salary to £60,000, the opportunity to work from home (excluding site visits and some meetings held at their offices), all travel expenses, private health insurance and pension