Fantastic opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic multi-skilled security engineer to join a well-established and growing organisation providing integrated security solutions to a national client base of companies, local authorities, councils, schools, and individuals.
Earn up to £50k per annum (Salary: £36,000 - £40,000 plus overtime and on call).
The successful candidate will be responsible for installing, commissioning, carrying out ongoing upgrades and maintaining Intruder Alarm, CCTV, Access control and fire safety systems. The work will be based around Essex, Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire.
They will work on large CCTV, Intruder Alarm, Fire and Access Control projects and can expect job variety, working on very high-end stately homes, large multi-million pound properties, historic buildings, large commercial properties and public buildings.
Previous experience of fire systems is preferred but not essential. This is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Security Engineer wishing to add fire systems to their skill set.
- Servicing and maintaining various intruder, CCTV, and access control systems.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Installation of various intruder, CCTV, and access control systems
- Demonstrate systems for customers and explain details such as the causes and consequences of false alarms.
- Carry out corrective and preventative maintenance of fire alarm systems and all other security systems
- Understanding the clients’ needs and fulfilling all jobs required
- Maintaining fire & security systems in line with current standards and customer requirements
- Responding to demand service calls on all types of fire and security systems
- Completing all provided documentation including site schematics/drawings
- Carrying out annual service visits and responding to incoming faults raised
Benefits for the successful candidate:
- Experience as a multi-disciplined engineer with a good all-round knowledge of
- security systems
- Experience of fire systems (preferred but not essential)
- The ability to work to deadlines
- Great communication skills
- Experience of front-line customer service
- A full UK Driving Licence
- Willingness to travel and be part of an on-call rota.
- Drive and enthusiasm to provide outstanding service and push the business forward
- Knowledge of the following systems would be an advantage:
- Intruder - Texecom, Pyronix. Honeywell, Veritas
- CCTV – Avigilon, Hikvision.
- Access Control - Paxton, ACT365
- A Basic Salary of £36,000 - £40,000
- Ability to earn £50k per annum with paid overtime and on call earnings
- Company vehicle with private use option
- Excellent training & development opportunities
- Travel time
- High-end laptop
- Company credit card
- Quality tools and equipment provided; state of the art monitors, quality drills, PPE and working uniform.
- Additional holiday for every year of employment, up to 25 days
- Paid refer a friend scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Personal Development Plan and excellent opportunities for career progression
Due to the nature of the Fire & Security industry, successful candidates will be subject to several background checks including a credit check, five-year referencing history and DBS check. Any offer will be subject to successful completion of these background checks.