Head of Security
This is an excellent opportunity to join this very successful and expanding Global organisation. Our client produce a range of products for a number of key industries including nuclear, defence, power generation and offshore oil and gas. Significant investment ensures their continued success and growth. As Head of Security you will support the company in meeting the company’s security obligations by implementing a dynamic and holistic security strategy covering all areas of security risk. This will include protecting staff, visitors, assets, information, reputation and brand by ensuring robust policies and procedures are maintained and regularly reviewed.
• Support Senior Leadership in meeting the Company’s security obligations.
• Use experience and innovation to adapt and enhance policies to deal with the Company’s security requirements.
• Ensure physical Security measures effectively protect the business assets and people in line with identified threats and ensure effective security measures are adopted across all Company locations and supply chain.
• Lead and manage a dedicated and loyal security team.
• To work closely with IT department to ensure the cyber security element is compliant with their defence security obligations.
• Deliver the duties of the Security Controller as outlined in the Cabinet Office Security Policy Framework.
• Management of all security related contracts.
• Ensure full compliance with the Company’s contractual obligations both in the UK & US.
• Relevant Security Qualifications from either the Security Institute, MOD or equivalent.
• Security Controller experience and qualification.
• Strong background in a similar role.
• Hold current SC level security clearance or willingness to attain upon recruitment
• Knowledge of Security Policy Framework and extensive knowledge of policy writing and implementation.
• Good understanding of security issues within a defence organisation.
• Ability to assess security risks and take or recommend appropriate action or mitigation.
• Ability to research and analyse complex situations and produce reports with recommendations for the Board.
• Excellent written/oral communication skills for reports and presentations
• Ability to inspire and motivate teams.
• Experience of the Defence Industry and the associated security requirements both UK & US (key) an advantage.
• Experience of contractor management and performance.
• Responsibility for security in an environment that requires organisational compliance to a broad set of mandated security requirements
• Information Security knowledge including compliance criteria for Cyber.
• The ability to influence others at all levels of the business
• Strong and demonstrated ability to build lasting relationships with key stakeholders
• Responsibility for managing a departmental budget