Information Manager to £60k DOE + 26% Non-Contributory Pension
Based Wiltshire with Hybrid working
This is an exceptional opportunity to work for our client a service provider to the UK public sector. They seek an Information Manager to lead and manage the records and information management team, ensuring that data is secure, accurate and appropriately utilised.
Part of this role is to work as the Data Protection Officer, providing specialist advice and guidance at all levels of the organisation up to and including the Board, Audit Committee and Risk, Assurance and Security Committee.
- To manage a Records and Information Management Team and work successfully as part of the Risk, Information and Security Compliance (RISC) Team.
- Lead the implementation of strategy, policies, standards, systems, and culture.
- Develop and maintain the records and information management strategy and policies ensuring they are aligned to Company objectives and relevant legislation.
- Motivate, encourage, and empower the Records and Information Management Team to deliver in line with their agreed objectives.
- Ensure relevant legislative and compliance requirements are met.
- Drive adoption of best practice management of electronic and/or paper-based information.
- To be the nominated Data Protection Officer and point of contact for the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO).
- Inform, advise, and issue recommendations to the Company and its employees about their obligations to comply with GDPR and other data protection laws.
- Monitor compliance with GDPR and other data protection laws, with company data protection policies, including managing internal data protection activities; raising awareness of data protection issues and employee training.
- Manage and maintain all data protection related policies and guidelines.
- Advise on, and monitor, the completion of Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIA).
- Author and provide regular compliance update reports directly to the Audit Committee, Risk, Assurance and Security Committee and the Board.
- Forward the department’s notification to the ICO when required and within the required timescale.
- Act as the primary contact and specialist in all matters concerning data protection and be a key stakeholder in our approach to records and information management.
- Provide specialist advice and act as the point of contact for Subject Access Requests, Freedom of Information Requests and Parliamentary Questions.
- Previous experience in a similar role working in information management and data protection.
- Experience managing a small team in a challenging and flexible environment with a commercial business focus.
- Proficiency and demonstrable experience in records and information management.
- Professional qualifications and relevant experience in compliance with the Data Protection Act, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Freedom of Information Act.
- Experience as a Data Protection Officer, planning and project management.
- Ability to provide high quality customer service in a complex environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to influence, build and maintain strong working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders to support, guide and inform as necessary.
- Understand and communicate complex regulations clearly and in an appropriate language to stakeholders.