Port Security Superintendent Excellent Package 12-Month FTC
Guinea, West Africa
Our client is a market leader in their business sector with a global footprint, they seek a Port Security Superintendent to provide security input to the design and construction of the company port project with daily oversight of contracted guard force at rail site. Manging security risks to company personnel at the port work site.
- 12-Month Fixed Term Contract, 4 weeks on 2 weeks off rotation.
- Daily oversight of contracted guard force at rail site
- Line management and talent development of 10 direct reports.
- Design and implement security framework, including Standard Operating Procedures for port construction activity and operation phase.
- Draft technical security scopes of work for the port facilities.
- Oversight of implementation of security measures by business partners at the temporary camps and construction areas.
- Draft and maintain policies, procedures and emergency plans for the port construction.
- Oversee the delivery of security measures at port construction areas.
- Establish and maintain close working relationships with local PSF commanders to ensure support to the port construction.
- Gather local intelligence on emerging and imminent security risks to the site.
- Coordinate emergency response to incidents at the port.
- Maintain and exercise a port evacuation plan.
- Ensure the port risk assessment is accurately maintained.
- Ensure POB accounting for port sites is being maintained in a manner that supports emergency response.
- Monitor local developments, provide intel reports and alerts to the security team and wider business when appropriate
- Conduct VPSHR risk assessments when necessary for interactions with PSF
- Provide close protection support to senior leaders visiting site
- Input to journey management to ensure safe travel for port construction site personnel
- Previous experience in a similar role working as a security lead managing teams and working with security vendors.
- Formal experience in security or military to NCO beneficial but not essential.
- Management of private security contracts and procurement processes.
- Emergency response planning and exercises.
- Fluent in English and French an advantage.
- Experience working in Africa.
- Criminal background checks required.
- Experience of self-verification, assurance and audit activity within the extractive and security industry.
- Management of private security contracts and procurement processes
- Able to develop and mentor local security supervisors to achieve their full potential.
- Diplomatic and able to build relationships with external suppliers and agencies.