Security Governance & Compliance Officer £30k + Benefits
This is a superb opportunity to work for our client, a global tech organisation who seek a Security Governance & Compliance Officer to help shape security across the organisation. The successful applicant will play a critical role in ensuring security governance and compliance within the business operations, the role will undertake a range of compliance duties ensuring security policies and procedures are followed and accurate records are maintained. In this exciting role you will contribute to the creation and maintenance of policy, standards, procedures and other documentation for security purposes.
- Ensuring security compliance with UK MoD, other government department and internal policies and procedures.
- Complete audits to ensure company compliance with security regulations.
- Work with security functional leads to enforce security standards in, Personnel Security, Physical security and Information Security departments.
- Deliver security support across all areas of the business in line with company needs as determined by the UK Head of Security.
- Supporting the security team with updating the SharePoint document database as well as collaborating on the delivery of security newsletters, articles and artifacts.
- Support the Personnel Security Adviser with national security vetting requirements and when necessary, with activities such as visitor management and access control.
- Support Security Controller in managing security compliance activities – including management of compliance database, staff training and education and non-compliance trend analysis.
- Previous experience in a security compliance role. Aviation Defence or Government an advantage.
- Planning, organisational, administrative and presentational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to use own initiative without supervision, to be a self-starter, be enthusiastic and proactive.
- Competent in all MS office packages to an intermediate level as well as a good knowledge of SharePoint.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate confidently with people at all levels.
- Familiar company compliance requirements
- Experience of working to a recognised information security/risk management framework.
- Successful applicants will be required to obtain relevant clearance SC to DV.