Based at this successful global organisation's luxury offices in Canary Wharf, as Security Controller you will receive, respond to and relate important and emergency calls from both internal and external customers, this will include all fire and intruder alarm activations at the organisation’s premises. There is an emphasis on providing an excellent quality of reporting and communications with all stakeholders. Customer care is paramount to the delivery of a high quality service, therefore all team members must be able to demonstrate a high level of proficiency in written, verbal and technical skills.
To manage and report all incidents which may affect business travellers as indicated on the TravelTracker system, maintain a constant vigil on all remote building alarm systems and initiate appropriate communications and response. Ensure that all incidents are escalated to the appropriate level within the organisation’s business Continuity and Crisis Management planning and control.
- Monitor incoming texts and emails from the Control Risks Group and other media sources concerning major crisis events (both national and international) and respond according to SOPs.
- Compile full, accurate and meaningful “perspective” incident reports within the set timelines and provide effective support to colleagues who report incidents to you.
- Be proficient in the use of TravelTracker and be able to escalate and communicate the results of searches in a timely and accurate manner using the agreed communication medium.
- Implement Business Continuity and Crisis Management operational protocols and assist in all exercises and emergency response requirements.
- Plan and participate in regular exercise scenarios to increase understanding and contingency planning capabilities
- Act as Incident Manager in the event of an emergency until relieved by a more senior member of the Security team.
- Remote Monitoring of operational sites to include, but not limited to:
- o CCTV monitoring of remote buildings.
- o Intruder and Fire Alarm monitoring and implement appropriate responses.
- o Access Control monitoring.
- o Activation of out-of-hours entry & egress systems and the escalation to both K/H services and contacts.
- o Lone worker monitoring and accurate recording.
- o Lift Alarms
- o BMS Alarms
- o First Aid call handling and appropiate first aider dispatch
- Receive regular check calls from all operational sites and to follow up in the case of a check call not received.
- Work with the Security Supervisors, Duty Manager, Operations Management and personnel to implement Crisis Management protocols in the event of an incident, including escalation procedures.
- Coordinate with police, fire and other emergency services – (including neighbouring businesses) on local security and safety issues.
- Liaise with other offices and security personnel in order to build a working relationship and foster confidence.
- Report any ‘down manning’ on sites, to the operations manager and immediately communicate to management where commitment to fulfilling contractual obligations may be in jeopardy.
- Proactively manage all systems monitored in the Control Room, ensuring system and equipment failures or degradations are reported for remedial action and followed through to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Carry out a daily shift handover check of all systems and ensure that a full briefing the oncoming shift of outstanding or ongoing incidents is carried out.
- Regularly update all information when required, including routine handovers, on OneNote and ensure contact information and procedures are current and are easily referable on that platform.
The role of Controller will have a strong understanding of systems and a proven track record in the Security Industry and quality procedures. Has an excellent understanding of EMEA countries, in particular the relationship of major cities and the impact that incidents can have upon them. The role is largely an administration and reporting function and therefore it is essential that the Controller has an excellent command of both written and spoken English. They must be able to demonstrate people management skills and the ability to work as part of a team to deliver a consistently high level of service. They will be able to respond quickly and effectively to requests for various elements of cover and approach this with a professional positive attitude. They will be able to recognise the key drivers that contribute to the service efficiencies of a contract and identify and execute corrective measures in order to achieve Client and company expectations.