The Technical Designer (TD) will be responsible for defining designs and solution architectures that are robust, cost-effective and are tailored to ensure the utmost value to our customers. A key element of the role is ensuring the design remains truly customer focused, fit for purpose and in-line with standards and policies. The TD will operate in the Technical team, within the Bids and Technical Department, reporting to the Head of Design. The principal responsibility of the Technical team is to ensure a high quality of technical and commercial input during the bidding process and the smooth transition from design to project delivery. A deep understanding of customer requirements during the design stage is clearly captured, documented and delivered upon through design, delivery and supporting the transition to service support. Due to the shift of technologies dominating the Security Industry, the successful candidate will be an active self-starter with a hunger for finding ways of bringing the latest technologies advancements and trends into their solutions delivering exceptional value to our customers.
• Prepare commercially compelling designs that wherever possible are compliant to agreed customer requirements or specifications.
• Pivotal in the production of creative written propositions that succinctly define our offering and where we add value to customer operations.
• Work collaboratively with Sales, Procurement, and the wider business to identify preferred technology and product sets.
• Perform site visits and conduct technical surveys whilst working with customers to gather preliminary information regarding design requirements.
• Provide a leading role in terms of technical support/input in relation to the compilation of tender submissions by liaising with the respective Bid Manager.
• Undertake design checks and endorse accordingly, prior to design submissions being issued to the client.
• Prepare, in accordance with the tender documentation and the proposed design, any necessary specifications and drawings for subcontractors and equipment suppliers to bid against.
• Prepare technical design and solution summaries for inclusion in our written tender return/proposal.
• Liaise closely with Procurement to enable competitive costings to be sought from suppliers and sub-contractors for the equipment and services required.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Key personal attributes:
• Team player with a positive, flexible, can-do attitude and the ability to work well under pressure.
• Enjoys discovering and learning about the latest technology trends.
• A driven, motivated, self-developer with the ability to use own initiative.
• Able to assimilate new technical concepts and product information quickly and effectively to explain to others, especially to customers.
• Good commercial awareness, verbal communication skills and, attention to detail.
• Uses creativity to solve problems.
• Able to make technical information easy to understand.
• Detail-oriented with great time management, organisation, and the ability to work to deadlines.
• Able to support and inspire others to achieve goals through innovation, quality and excellence.
• A flexible approach to work and the ability to adapt to change when necessary.
Qualifications and experience:
• A high-level of competence in the design of Electronic Security Systems.
• A detailed understanding of CCTV (Analogue & IP), Access Control, Intruder Detection, Integrated Security Management Systems (including PSIM), Video Analytics and Wireless Transmission Technologies.
• An excellent understanding of digital communication infrastructure technologies, including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, wireless and LAN networking.
• An excellent understanding of IT infrastructure including Hardware, Software, Data Centre and Storage Facilities.
• Able to evaluate and mitigate cyber security vulnerabilities within designs.
• A good understanding of virtualisation systems such as VMWare, Hyper-V and HA.
• Have a good understanding of cloud services such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, IBM Cloud.
• Excellent written skills to write technical proposals and responses to tender documents.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Great customer facing skills with the ability to assimilate customer feedback into winning propositions.
• Experience of using software packages: Visio, Excel, Word to intermediate or advanced level and design tools. E.g. JVSG.
• Have a detailed understanding of the UK security industry. E.g. Products, suppliers, market dynamics and competition.
• Have a general understanding of Electrical Installations and Civil works to support Security Infrastructure.
• A general understanding of other IT technologies such as Active Directory, Group Policy, SQL, Certificate Authority, Ai as a service, Predictive analytics etc.
If you are interested in this role please contact Reiss Gordon on 02086263110 or email@example.com