This well respected fire engineering consultancy are looking to recruit an individual of technical excellence to join the External Wall and Inspection Team to ensure robust, achievable, and acceptable delivery of customer facing fire safety engineering work. The role will be based at our clients offices in the Northern Home counties with the opportunity of hybrid working 2/3 days a week.
Your daily tasks will include:
Assisting in the development of the business strategy relating to all aspects of external wall system work.
• Assisting in the development of the business strategy relating to all aspects of external wall system work.
• Providing technical input to the review of external wall systems in both new and existing buildings.
• Attending site to review existing external wall systems, and then throughout the remediation of any identified defects.
• Attending site to review the installation of external wall systems on new build properties.
• Developing PAS 9980 fire risk appraisal reports and supporting completion of EWS1 certificates.
• Knowledge and experience in other areas of fire risk management, such as fire risk assessments is desired, but not essential
Skills and experience required:
• Experience in a relevant Fire Safety technical role.
• Ideally educated to Degree Level with a suitable, appropriately linked subject but with aspirations to extend education where required
• A recognized Chartered Fire Safety Engineer or Chartered Engineer status in an appropriately linked subject is desired, but not essential
• Experience of working in a multi-site, multi-discipline business.
• Detailed knowledge of relevant statutory documentation, standards, codes of practice and guidance.
• A demonstratable track record of delivering technical success.
• Relevant experience of balancing the needs of customers, shareholders, and employees.
• Relevant experience of building, supporting, and managing successful teams.
• The ability to deliver to tight timescales and deadlines consistently.
• Excellent day-to-day planning and organisational skills.
• Proven ability to problem solve practicality, reliability, flexibility, with clear end-result oriented focus.
• Customer Relationship Management skills.
• Exceptional communication skills and interpersonal relations at all levels within the business.
• The ability to engage and influence colleagues to achieve common goals and objectives that align with business needs.
• £80,000 basic salary
• 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
• Company Bonus Scheme
• 37.5 hours a week
• Hybrid Working
• Welcome pack
• Salary Reviews
• Enhanced Pension
• Enhanced Life Assurance
• EAP - Free, independent Employee Assistance Programme, offering confidential information, support, advice and counselling, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Eye Care Vouchers