A unique opportunity to work for an iconic institution based in Central London 35 hour week. Competitive salary with excellent pension and benefits
SSR Personnel are recruiting for our client a Security Systems Controller who will play an important role in delivering a world leading protective environment of people and assets. Monday – Friday 9am or 10am start times. Some flexibility would be required for VIP visits and opening evenings.
• Primary task is to interface with third party security systems partners to ensure that performance standards are met.
• To assist management in understanding how best to leverage technical innovation with partners, ensure that the site has industry standard protective security systems to deliver a best-in-class environment.
• Working with the Gallery’s IT team to ensure that all security systems are configured and regularly updated.
• Develop, manage and maintain an auditable record of all technical and administration systems.
• Develop and maintain a comprehensive asset register, reporting system and preventative maintenance.
• Develop a testing regime for the security systems on a regular, routine basis.
Qualifications and Experience
• Ideally management experience of working in a Security Control Room environment and the ability to deliver an efficient, protective security service in a fast paced, public facing environment.
• An understanding an oversight of security systems.
• Has worked in the efficient management of technical systems.
• Experienced in working with a security team, which includes the onboarding of new team members, management of a competency-based training programme.
Skills and Attributes
• Demonstrate the ability to think and act quickly in emergencies or under pressure
• Have an ability to deliver succinct and clear verbal and written reports where necessary
• Maintain a high standard of personal presentation
• Well organised with the ability to prioritise, co-ordinate and delegate tasks to meet deadlines while staying clam under pressure.
• Ability to take a collaborative approach and to work effectively as part of a team.
• Ability to assess situations and to use discretion and judgement to find solutions to problems.
• An interest in and commitment to the work.
• A commitment to Equality and Diversity.
Your annual leave allowance is 27 days, plus bank holidays per annum, rising to 31 days plus bank holidays, at the start of the annual leave year following completion of five years’ service, and up to 35 days plus bank holidays after 10 years’ service.
Our client offers a variety of exciting opportunities to learn, develop and grow in your career. We recognise the value everyone brings to the organisation to achieve our ambitious plans and are dedicated to developing and rewarding our staff.
Competitive benefits package including:
• Membership of the Principal Civil Service Pension Scheme (PCSPS)
• Generous annual leave allowance
• Additional birthday leave
• Additional volunteering leave
• Access to Perkbox employee benefits and rewards platform
• Interest free season ticket and bicycle loans
• Rental deposit scheme
• Membership of the Civil Service Sports & Leisure club
• Access to independent, low-cost healthcare schemes
• Employee health and welfare services including access to a free, independent, and confidential employee assistance programme
• Free entry to many UK museums and galleries
• Staff discounts on purchases in online shop
• Professional & personal development opportunities
SSR® Personnel voted the leading security recruiting consultancy is the largest consultancy dedicated to the security, fire, health and safety sectors operating across 6 continents. We have a global presence with our offices in North America & Middle East, with partners in Africa, Asia and Eastern Europe. SSR® have managed over 40,000 contract hire and permanent placements and work with clients that seek innovation, who passionately believe in diversity in their workforce and will invest in them to deliver exceptional results. For details of our opportunities and open vacancies visit our web site www.ssr-personnel.com