This role is for an integrated security solution provider manufacturer and supplier for Enterprise Scale Security and Identity management solutions in some of the most secure and regulated industries is looking for a qualified and experienced Resident Engineer to be placed at one of their prestigious Customer’s site in Saudi Arabia
The Resident Engineer is responsible for the day to day management of operations, troubleshooting and maintenance of the solutions. To ensure effective processes are in place to manage the client’s re-sellers carrying out project work; End user training is provided and faults are root cause analysed and change introduced; operational effectiveness and integrity of the solution is maximised; the customer’s aims and objectives are met in a timely manner with effective communication of status and planning.
The Resident Engineer to report directly to the Vice President of Technical Services but they will essentially be the customers advocate.
• Provide Exceptional Customer Service at all times, which includes strong communications skills, both written and orally at all levels in the organisation.
• Provide support for Symmetry including all strategic 3rd party integration's (Bio-metrics, Intercom, IP Video, UVSS, SAP and ELM).
• Be willing to be based at the customer HQ location but be able to travel extensively within Kingdom, to manage the complete portfolio of the customers estate.
• Prepare technical on-site trip reports for all services rendered when travel has become necessary.
• Work closely with Technical Services, Hardware and Software Engineers to gain competence in the product’s operational characteristics.
• Generation of daily reports to senior management on how the system is operating and ensure the customer has at least a weekly update on active tickets/projects.
• Respond positively when under pressure, multi-task and to deal with conflict / crisis (i.e. realise something is important or will quickly become critical) on large-scale projects
• Maintenance of tech support hardware systems (servers, hubs, switches, routers).
• Installation, upgrade, support of systems hardware and software and server/network problem identification and resolution.
• Maintenance of tech support software systems including Windows Server, Terminal services, Virtual Machines
• Thorough knowledge in IP, DNS, AD and firewall configuration.
• Serve as a senior LAN Administrator to identify, design, implement and plan network, hardware and software needs.
• Design networks, optimise LAN performance and resolve connectivity issues, including LAN/WAN connectivity issues as needed to technical support hardware.
• Must possess an Exceptional Customer Service attitude.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, specialised computer systems training, or work equivalent.
• Native Arabic speaker with fluent oral and written English a must.
• Knowledge of tools of the trade i.e. Multimeters, Oscilloscopes, Software utilities, and Microsoft diagnostic software Analysers.
• Strong knowledge of SQL and information security disciplines.
• Comprehensive understanding of Microsoft client and server operating systems, Microsoft Cluster software, NEC Express Cluster, and associated installation, configuration, support and management best practices preferred.
• Strong organisational, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to communicate complex technical concepts effectively both orally and in writing.
• Ability to execute with a sense of urgency.
• Provide expertise regarding personal computer hardware and software, network hardware (file server, NIC, cabling), network operating systems (e.g. Windows server 2019) and Windows 10.
• Experience in dealing with PC hardware and software manufacturers and dealers and possess the ability to plan and direct the growth and expansion of PC networks, both wide area and local to train new users concerning LAN/WAN networks.
• Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or other industry certification preferred.
• Field service of Access Control / Video systems preferred.
Note: Your CV will be shared with our Dubai based office.