Records Manager £37k + 26% Non Contributory Pension
Based Wiltshire with Hybrid Working some UK travel
This is an exceptional opportunity to work for our client a service provider to the UK public sector. The Records Manager is responsible for the governance, safeguarding and delivery of information and records. In this vital role the successful candidate will manage all physical and digital record holdings in line with company policies and relevant legislation.
- The role includes the development, maintenance, verification and evaluation of records, information systems and controls, accurate data capture and analysis of internal systems, the rationalisation of data repositories providing training and solutions where necessary.
- Writing reports and dealing with enquiries and requests for information for both internal and external clients, ensuring that financ
- Develop the organisations Information Governance strategy.
- Oversee the effective management of electronic and/or paper-based information.
- Establish retention and disposal schedules.
- Manage the review and disposal of records, in both paper and electronic formats which will include managing audits.
- Design and develop filing systems, business classification schemes and undertake records surveys.
- Identify the most appropriate records management solutions and engage in the procurement process where necessary.
- Previous experience working in a public sector records management and assurance environment.
- Experience of working with data retention schedules.
- Knowledge and experience of working with the Freedom of Information Act.
- Proven ability to work without detailed supervision.
- Ability to establish relationships with people from a variety of backgrounds.
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to interpret business needs and translate them into application of operational requirements.
- Experience of Information Management good practice and standards e.g., Information Management maturity model ISO-15489-1.
- Proficiency in modern techniques and understanding how to implement information controls.
- Professional qualifications, or relevant experience, in Information Management and Data Protection.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation) and in-depth knowledge of subject matter to be able to credibly influence stakeholders.
- Good at translating complex information into concepts and business implications understandable by a generalist audience.
- Strong facilitation skills.