As Security Manager responsible for a prestigious client in London you will manage the security team in the delivery of exceptional customer service and mitigating risks to assets, people and reputation through a range of security solutions. A major part of the role will be to support on projects with high-level client engagement.
Key Responsibilities include:
- By having a full understanding of the client’s needs, you will drive consistency throughout the management of the contract.
- Maintain and develop the relationship with principal stakeholders and be the single point of contact for the client.
- Maintain a high-quality physical security presence in accordance with the agreed contract.
- Ensure all buildings are rostered and staffed.
- Ensure every member of the security workforce are trained, vetted and licensed in accordance with the Private Security Industry Act 2001, BS 7499 and BS7858.
- Produce KPI reports and performance reports. Additionally, produce ad hoc reports as required e.g., local audits, manpower proposals, etc.
- Compile the quarterly business reviews and attend the quarterly contract review meeting.
- Attendance at monthly regional security/facilities meetings, recording and timely distribution of minutes of the meetings.
- Interaction with the client Crisis and Security management team to develop and implement best practice.
- Maintenance of safe working practices and H & S procedure to ensure that staff are not subject to unnecessary or unacceptable risks.
- Act as an afterhours driving the Risk point of contact for any emergency and attend any client office which is subject to an emergency.
- Work with client and act as POC in managing risk approach to security requirements driving the Risk Management agenda on behalf of the client.
- Ensure that regular risk assessments and security reviews are carried out.
- Carry out investigations and security audits as required.
- The implementation and development of security strategy.
- Be proactive in seeking security improvements through intelligent manning plans, innovation and the use of technology.
- To create and maintain a holistic approach to security.
- Strong experience of working within a similar position with evidence operating at a senior level.
- A strong work ethic and the ability to lead by example allied with good interpersonal and social skills are all equally important.
- SIA Licenced and Security Management / Risk Management qualifications an advantage.
- Excellent client relationship management skills.
- Security Risk Assessing and Threat Assessment & Analysis.