This is a great opportunity for an experienced Contract Security Manager to be instrumental for the security and safety for staff and visitors for this well-known location in Bristol.
* Lead in the planning and preparations for emergencies, supported by risk assessments and documented, tried and tested procedures.
* Provide exceptional leadership, management and direction of all staff, make the best use of all available staff and their skills taking into account their health, safety and welfare, ensuring that all actions are compliant.
* In the event of an incident or emergency situation take charge, supervise and manage the situation applying the strategic aims and objectives.
* To grow, develop and lead all relationships with external agencies including local councils, police and other external agents. Build relations with senior members of internal stakeholders staff to ensure the highest standard of operational service levels are delivered by identifying and delivering solutions that add value.
* Ensure a high level of Customer Service is delivered and maintained at all times.
* Ensure that manning requirement is met on a daily basis and ensure that Workplace+ is fully up to date at all times.
* Ensure the required Training is delivered to all staff and the required Training Targets are met. This includes Site Induction for new officers, site specific Training Matrix and the client Training Programme.
* Ensure that all Disciplinary / Staff Welfare / Staff Performance Reviews / Time and attendance matters are dealt with in accordance with Mitie Policies and Procedures.
* Ensure that all contractual requirements are properly filled and escalate any concerns to the Account Manager / Director.
* Rapidly assimilate information from all available sources to enable a solution to the problem be reached. * Make significant strategic rational and objective decisions based on the current situational report ensuring that decisions and actions are documented, are effectively communicated and delegated to relevant parties.
* Remain flexible and applying innovative solutions to the changing dynamics of situations.
* Act as (when required) the Duty Manager for the centre, taking full responsibility for centre operation & ensuring the centre is operated in accordance with the standard operating requirements. Responsible for supporting and managing all of the centre operations both inside and outside of trading hours together with weekends.
* To initiate and manage regular reviews of the assessments of risk under Health and Safety at Work Act. Ensuring that corporate and departmental Health and Safety policies and procedures are implemented at all times.
* Keep abreast of the latest available technology and to make recommendations on the introduction of any suitable equipment/process. Manage contract supplies to include where required re-specify arrangements so as to optimize the cost, quality and efficiency of service.
* To provide clear and timely communication to client, Mitie and any other party on key issues that affect the business operation, customer and strategic service delivery.
* Ensure all incidents are logged and managed effectively through to completion.
* Ensure standards of dress, safety and presentation are maintained throughout the team.
* Ensure all required reports are completed fully in a timely fashion on all required platforms.
* To manage the recruitment process for all new staff and ensure the team is adequately resourced at all times.
* Management of Key Performance Indicators and service level agreements. These are to be reviewed on a Monthly basis with the site based client. All actions to recorded and completed in a timely fashion.
* Build a close and trusted relationship with all other parties including suppliers, Retailers and other internal/external stakeholders.
* Strong experience of working within a similar position.
* A strong work ethic and the ability to lead by example allied with good interpersonal and social skills are all equally important.
* SIA Licenced and Security Management / Risk Management qualifications an advantage.
* Excellent client relationship management skills.