Security Operations Superintendent Canga Excellent Package 12-Month FTC
Guinea, West Africa
Our client is a market leader in their business sector with a global footprint, they seek a Security Operations Superintendent at their site in Guinea, to provide Security risk management at the mine site in support of the mine site Security Manager. To work with the contracted guard force of over 250 guards, and line manage a team of nine direct reports.
- 12-Month Fixed Term Contract, 4 weeks on 2 weeks off rotation.
- Support the site Security Manager at the mine managing the contracted guard force and a team of nine direct reports.
- Manage Security support missions to and from the mine.
- Draft technical security scopes of work for mine facilities.
- Supervision of implementation of security measures by implementing partners at the temporary camps and construction areas.
- Draft and maintain policies, procedures, and emergency plans for the mine site.
- Oversee the delivery of security measures at mine site and construction areas.
- Establish and maintain close working relationships with local PSF commanders to ensure support to the mine site.
- Gather local intelligence related to emerging and imminent security risks to the site.
- Coordinate emergency response to incidents at the mine site.
- Maintain and exercise a site evacuation plan.
- Ensure the site risk assessment is maintained.
- Maintain suite of documents required to conform with Group Security Standards.
- Oversight of aviation capabilities on site to support security plans such as evacuations and civil crisis.
- Ensure POB accounting for Mine and internal sites is maintained in a manner that supports emergency response.
- Monitor local developments, provide intel reports and alerts to the security team and wider business when appropriate.
- Previous experience in a similar role working as a security lead managing teams and working with security vendors.
- Formal experience in security or military to NCO beneficial but not essential.
- Experience in the design and implement security framework, including Standard Operating Procedures for construction activity.
- Ability to produce Security risks reviews of areas, work sites and buildings.
- Management of private security contracts and procurement processes.
- Emergency response planning and exercises.
- Fluent in English and French an advantage.
- Experience working in Africa.
- Criminal background checks required.
- Experience of self-verification, assurance and audit activity within the extractive and security industry.
- Ability to line manage and talent development security teams and security vendors.
- Diplomatic and able to build relationships with external suppliers and agencies.
- Experience developing capabilities of national teams.
- Security qualification would be beneficial but not essential.