Bid Writer £47k + Excellent Benefits
Remote and Hybrid Working
Flexible working around core hours
5% Matched Pension Contribution
4 x Annual Salary Life Insurance
5 Weeks Annual Leave + BH
Plus, much more
This is an exceptional opportunity to work for our client a security service provider who design, install, and maintain integrated end-to-end surveillance control systems across the UK. In this fast-paced business, the Bid Writer will coordinate teams in planning, designing, and delivering solicited proposals and tender responses, to support the head of bid management to develop high quality, articulate and compelling winning bids. The Bid Writer will have responsibility for ensuring adherence to quality assurance standards and governance throughout the pre-sale’s life cycle.
- Working with the Head of Bid Management through a bid/no-bid process.
- Manage the submission of Approved Vendor Registrations, Pre-Qualification Questionnaires, Invitation to Tenders, Invitation to Negotiate, tender clarification requests, general Marketing and Social Media collateral.
- Conduct research to enhance and tailor bids including sector research, client research, competitor research, product, equipment, solution service research.
- In coordination with the bid coordinator monitor/manage all procurement portals to identify potential business aligned opportunities.
- Develop tailored win themes and bid production strategies.
- Support the construction, writing and editing of bids and proposals, to create compelling winning bids.
- Provide end-to-end support throughout the bid life cycle, including tender kick off, proposal management, presentations and obtaining stakeholder feedback.
- Creating a tender timelines/plans/schedule to pre-empt bid processes, inputs, outputs submission requirements.
- Both attending / leading meetings to obtain stakeholder engagement, subject matter technical and qualitative bid information, and collateral.
- Responsible for the quality of all aspects of the bid, including written documentation and presentations, ensuring that written proposals are clear, concise, and compelling.
- You will have previous experience working as a professional Bid Writer / APMP Practitioner.
- Highly organised with at least of 5 years experience in bid writing.
- The ability to work under pressure, taking full ownership of tasks.
- Experience of working to tight deadlines, whilst effectively prioritising workload. You will be comfortable with managing multiple concurrent tasks and effectively managing expectations.
- Fluent English speaker with excellent technical writing skills and experience of generating compelling proposal content with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills, and high level of personal integrity.
- Strong interpersonal / persuasive and administrative skills, with a can-do, positive attitude able to develop a rapport within the bid team and with wider business stakeholders.