Specialist Security Systems
Our client seeks a Specialist Security Systems to be responsible for the design and commissioning of security systems across all sites. The responsibility includes the maintenance of all security systems (preventative and corrective maintenance) to always ensure the availability of security systems.
The post holder will develop and implement a security systems governance framework to guide on site stakeholders.
- Supervise all operational activities relating to the Security Technology on the site.
- Ensure that all activities are carried out in accordance with legislation and Security policies and procedures.
- Provide specialist advice and guidance to team members to ensure that responses are delivered within appropriate policies and legislation and achieve the best possible outcomes.
- Ensure compliance of policies and regulations while implementing security measures.
- Ensure confidentiality is maintained regarding all activities linked to Security Systems.
- Plan and manage all activities related to security technical equipment.
- Ensure that a preventative and corrective maintenance program for security technology is drafted, executed, and measured.
- Project and manage all new installations of security equipment.
- Research and advise the Head of Security on new technology that would improve and mitigate security-related risks.
- Design, manage and upgrade Security Systems (inclusive of Command Centre, Security Surveillance, and Security Perimeter Protection) across all sites in line with the allocated budget and approved upgrades.
- Maintaining good relations between the Service Provider, the team, and other stakeholders.
- Constantly evaluating the service levels provided and making recommendations to the Management and the Service provider regarding the improvement of services.
- Liaising daily with management and employees on various security operational issues.
- Minimum 8 years of working experience wrt security technology systems. Experience within a mining environment would be beneficial.
- Minimum 4 years of leadership experience of a security technical team.
- (PSIRA) as Grade "A".
- Proven track record in developing policies, procedures, and SOPs.
- Good understanding of security management statutory obligations, requirements, and dynamics.
- National Diploma in Electronics or Electrical Engineering
- Strong fluency with MS Office.
- Driver’s license.
- Must be SA Passport Holder.