Our Client who has consistently been a market leader in their field of expertise is looking for a Data Governance Officer who will support the Security Controller to deliver a data governance programme to improve data quality within their core systems and business processes and maintain data protection compliance in line with contractual and regulatory requirements.
- Help develop standards, policies and procedures to support the creation and provide technical assurance for the on-going implementation of the data governance policy within the business.
- Map and document data flows through our various business processes.
- Protect categorised data adhering to internal policy.
- Conduct and record Data Protection Impact Assessments; track and follow up on various risk treatments.
- Ensure data protection training is delivered to SFEL employees and contractors.
- Support the SC in reporting metrics for board-level presentations.
- Work with stakeholders from business units, technical partners and relevant third parties to deliver a data governance programme.
- Data migration to relevant areas dependent on classification.
- Write data policies and procedures.
- Lead in identifying, recording and assigning risk treatment actions to data through the Security Working Group.
- Maintain data risk register.
- Work with the Security Controller to deliver data related training through an eLearning training portals.
- Support the Securtiy Controller in reporting metrics for board-level presentations.
Our client celebrates difference and encourages particularly those from underrepresented groups to apply.
- Reasonable commuting distance to Sheffield.
- Ideally experience of working within a similar role together with knowledge in Data Protection e.g., GDPR.
- Would consider a Graduate with relevant degree or interest in Data Governance.
- Can build, implement and manage data protection programs and can carry out Risk assessments / Data Protection Impact Assessments.
- Experience of handling sensitive data and information security management system e.g., ISO 27001 would be an advantage.
- Successful completion of UK government security clearance process (this is undertaken as part of the recruitment process).