Health & Safety Manager (EMEA)
London / Hybrid
Attractive salary, bonus and excellent benefits
This is a unique opportunity to join this Global Brand and contribute to their success by protecting their people, customers and brand.
• As Health and Safety Manager you will provide support and guidance on all matters relating to health & safety.
• Possess detailed knowledge of all policies and procedures in relation to security; safety; health & safety and risk and ensure policy and best practice are applied consistently and robustly across the business.
• Carry out audits/gap assessments, highlighting areas of potential risk and shortcomings and make recommendations at all levels to reduce risks.
• Follow up regarding the completion and any associated action plans regarding the Health & Safety market self-assessment program.
• Work cross functionally to assess and document the health & safety risk for any new store format, product or process.
• Promote a proactive focus throughout the business on safety and risk management.
• Evaluate, recommend efficiencies and maintain adequate insurance policies.
• Conduct appropriate training in safety and risk management in line with agreed objectives.
• Build a sophisticated network both internally and externally to gain new insights and support as required.
• Provide emergency advice/support as required and liaise with police, legal departments, and external agencies.
• Provide associated timely, concise & accurate reporting.
• Undertake projects as requested to manage or reduce risk to the business and maintain detailed documentation for actions, interactions, decisions, and discussions for all projects.
• Help maximise business profitability through effective management of safety and risk.
• Keep abreast of modern and new technology in respect of prevention and detection techniques to enable proactive risk mitigation.
• Where applicable; constantly review the use of equipment & procedures designed to reduce or prevent risk. Overseeing & monitoring any implementation ensuring delivery within the budget
• Efficient interpretation of exception data to identify risk and ascertain an effective solution.
• Experienced self-motivated Health and Safety Manager who is driven and enthusiastic.
• NEBOSH qualification as a minimum.
• Multi-site food retail experience essential.
• Flexibility – Travel and overnight stays approximately once a quarter.
• The role is part home based and part London office based, so commutable distance to London is required.
• Possess the ability to use initiative to autonomously problem solve.
• Excellent communication and influencing skills together with the ability to deliver excellent customer service and collaborate with others.
• A skilled investigator/interviewer with the appropriate knowledge of criminal; civil and H&S legislation.
• Commercially astute with the ability to be flexible and also possess appropriate analytical skills with attention to detail.
• Driving Licence