Profit Protection Advisor £35k + Company Car
Field Based covering Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a major regional retailer as Profit Protection Advisor across the Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex region. In this exciting role the Profit Protection Advisor will investigate and resolve loss to stock, cash and assets across in the region. In this crucial role the successful candidate will help to limit the loss and impact to the company and improve the overall profitability of the business.
• The Profit Protection Advisor will investigate and resolve loss occurrences relating to stock, cash and assets across the estate to limit the loss and impact to the company.
• Respond to incidents of theft and security observations as directed by the Loss Prevention Manager.
• Investigate breaches of company policy and all areas of misconduct and gross misconduct.
• Investigate thefts taking witness statements, reviewing CCTV and gathering evidence where required and report all findings to the Loss Prevention Manager.
• Interview colleagues relating to loss or misconduct producing factual investigation reports for the disciplining officer for appropriate action to be taken.
• Compile written theft reports, linking incidents where appropriate to enhance the gathered evidence.
• Liaise with external agencies, such as the Police, Local Authorities and voluntary groups involved with preventing crime and anti-social behaviour.
• Complete welfare checks on branches following an incident of theft to offer support to Colleagues where required.
• To advise where policy and processes can be adjusted to ensure security of assets and Colleagues on discovery.
• Advise on waste and cost issues in stores and recommend best practice and remedy for any issues found.
• To improve the overall profitability of the company through investigation into know and unknow losses across the portfolio of business.
• Previous experience in a similar role working as a retail loss prevention/profit improvement advisor in a fast-paced retailer.
• Professional and self-motivated, including the ability to work using own initiative.
• The ability to evaluate risk and make appropriate decisions.
• To develop and maintain up to date professional and technical competence to
• achieve of objectives.
• A flexible approach with the ability to react quickly and embrace change.
• Punctual with the ability to manage own workload within agreed timelines.
• Working autonomously and as part of a team.
• Ability to develop effective working relationships within the business.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate and empathise with Colleagues and the public and outside agencies.
• Committed to delivering excellent service to all customers of Security Services.
• Knowledge of ASCONE.
• Full UK driving license.
• Experience of interviewing individuals in formal situations.
• W&Z interviewing techniques.
• To qualify for an SIA license guarding/door supervisor/CCTV.