The Design Engineer works within the design team, supporting the Regional Lead Designer to ensure projects meet both our clients and our standards. Acting as an advocate for our clients, design engineers help guide security planning. Planning is not exclusive to security systems, it accounts for environmental, architectural, and operational concerns as well.
The Design Engineer works in cross functional teams that include project managers, application engineers and drafters. Design Engineers may meet with client’s, architects, and contractors developing the security design. The goal is a comprehensive security design that is the basis for a security project scope.
- Maintain and manage the design log, client portfolios and client share point sites with relevant design information
- Create design packages that include plans, BOM’s, single line diagrams, elevations, and device details.
- Maintain client and our standards in all delivered work, advise and work with Regional Lead Engineer on any required updates or changes to client
- Quality management of design content, presentation, and
- Assign work to drafting team and manage quality of returned
- Meet with project stakeholders including project managers and clients’ representatives to develop security designs in an iterative
- Provide clear, concise communications in a timely manner at all stages of a project to all stakeholders
- Complete time sheets, allocating time spent to live projects for work completed
- Extensive experience in low voltage systems: physical security systems, life safety, network infrastructure, or related
- Extensive design and coordination experience working with cross functional teams with clients, architects, and
- Experience in managing design engineering
- Experience in developing a design program, instituting collaboration processes, and creating standards.
- Strong attention to
- Effective organizational and problem-solving
- Ability to multitask and manage time
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Self-motivated and
- Bachelor of science in engineering, computer science, technology, or
- This position holds no formal supervisory authority, is responsible for reporting insights to colleagues and management.
- This position is completed in an office setting.
- This is a full-time position, 40 hours a work week.
- This position will require travel on occasion up to 20% of the time.
- Must be authorized to work in the country of employment.
- This job summary is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.