This fire detection and automated venting systems (AOV’s) installer based in the Southeast of England with most of their work being in London is looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor to support the Operations and Estimating teams in providing detailed and accurate information internally and to our clients, with regards to QSOR, BOQ, managing variations, assisting with agreeing on final accounts, reviewing, and negotiating Contracts. This is a hybrid role where the successful applicant will work in the office, from home and on-site or at clients’ premises, depending on the requirements at the time.
Responsibilities will include:
• Undertake cost analysis for project work
• Assist in establishing a client's requirements and undertake feasibility studies
• Perform risk assessments, value management and cost control
• Identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks
• Assist with reviewing and negotiating bespoke and JCT and NEC forms of Contracts with the Client
• Managing contract charges, set off and delay claims
• Maintain awareness of the different building contracts in current use
• Understand the implications of health and safety regulations.
• Communicating with clients and representing the company professionally and diligently.
• Forming and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external colleagues. Reporting information to senior members as necessary.
• Ensure cash flow is maximised including ensuring payments are received on time
• Provide commercial input including financial and contractual performance forecasts to the management team. Help ensure that business targets and KPI’s are exceeded
• Managing sub-contractors including sending out enquiries, collating process, comparing with tender, negotiations, order placement, agreement of account and payment
• Provide commercial and contractual advice when necessary
• Physical measurement of works and agreement of same with client and sub-contractor
Requirements for the role:
• Proven working experience, HNC and/or degree as a Quantity Surveyor in the M&E industry, Fire Alarm and Smoke Ventilation experience is preferable.
• The ability to manage own workload and work to deadlines
• MS Office skills
• Detailed knowledge of past and current building and construction technology, processes, materials, contractual and legal matters
• Ability to work with multiple discipline projects
• The ability to motivate and lead those on site
• Time management and organisational skills
Package: This exciting opportunity to work with a well thought of fire systems installer comes with a basic salary of circa £60,000 (negotiable for the right candidate) plus bonus, car allowance and package.