Airport Engineering Consultant
Based UAE must be French & English speaking Up to 25000 AED
Whilst UAE based you will undertake projects in Africa such as Cameroon, Benin, Djibouti, Congo, Senegal and Rwanda etc.
- Preparing sketches and drawings of airport facilities such as runways and terminals, based
on blueprints provided by architects or engineers
- Conducting environmental impact studies to determine the effect of proposed construction
projects on natural habitats or human populations
- Meeting with airlines and other stakeholders to discuss issues that may impact airport
- Conducting environmental impact assessments to determine the potential impact of
construction projects on the environment
- Coordinating with construction crews to ensure that building projects are completed on
schedule and within budget requirements
- Maintaining and updating records of construction costs, equipment purchases, and other
financial data related to airport projects
- Conducting site surveys to determine project requirements and designing layouts for new
- Planning, designing, and overseeing construction projects to ensure that they meet state
and federal guidelines for safety, efficiency, and environmental impact
- Administering the procurement procedure, logistics, and workforce as per the monetary
standard fixed by the client
- Performing a detailed market inquiry and building a strong network of contractors,
designing firms, engineers, and various consulting companies
- Collecting and compiling the reports from all the departments working for the project and
presenting them to the higher management
- Enforcing deadlines to all the departments and making sure that they are working within
- Setting up strict budgets for each department
- Applying safety standards for the project
- Coming up with effective and quick solutions for any issue that arises during the execution
of the project
- Checking the quality of raw materials used in the construction work
- Running a safety check once the project is complete
- Preparing the final project report for the management
- Develops and administers the Airport Master Plan to include collaborating with
management with system planning and capacity enhancement programs for sustaining and
improving the airport's infrastructure and facilities.
- Analyzes regulatory and social/political constraints in airport development.
- Administers planning policies and regulations; interprets and implements Federal, State and
Regional laws and regulations.
- Conducts airside planning studies and analysis including gate layout/optimization, hold
- Coordinates department planning activities; trains and mentors professional and technical
staff; edits written work of staff for accuracy and readability of content; monitors
turnaround time for completion of assignments; evaluate and recommends modification of
procedures to improve planning results; keep statistics of planning team's work.
- Serves as a program leader in a functional planning area; assigns and supervises a variety of
functions to achieve the objectives of the section, unit, or project. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and
demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of
the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of the principles of airport planning.
- Knowledge of Federal and State laws relating to airport planning and development
- Skill in oral and written communication.( English and French)
- Skill in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing.
- Skill in data analysis and problem solving.
- Skill in planning and organizing.
- Skill in using computers and related software.
- Ability to make formal presentations of program and/or project recommendations.
- Ability to work under the pressures of rigid and/or short work cycle.
- Ability to maintain confidentially.
- Ability to develop and implement long-range plans.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with other City employees and