Security Controller to £55k + Excellent Benefits Package
This is a superb opportunity to work for our client, a global tech organisation who seek an experienced Security Controller to ensure that a robust security culture exists within the company delivering the security induction training for new employees and providing staff training and advice as required.
- Responsible for all Security Controller duties and to support the security accreditation of new sites including advising on physical and personnel security measures.
- Be the subject matter expert and first point of contact for security enquiries from programmes.
- Ensure a robust security culture exists within the company. Provide staff training and advice as required. Deliver the security induction training for new employees.
- Support in the management and supervision of contracted security resources.
- Collaborate and advise on program/bid related security compliance requirements.
- Prepare security management plans and programmes.
- Ensure company adherence with HMG Security Policy Framework requirements and Defence Security policies.
- Support the development and implementation of security initiatives designed to safeguard people, locations, information, and reputation.
- Assist in developing risk-based security incident response plans, including with external agencies.
- Build and sustain excellent working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Perform audits for the programs/bids including capturing security resource requirements.
- Assist in the reporting and investigation of security incidents.
- Previous experience in a similar role working in security as a security manager/controller with knowledge of site, physical and personnel security best practice.
- The implementation of security initiatives, supervision of contracted security resources.
- Preparing security management plans and programmes, developing risk-based security incident response plans.
- Experience of Security audit/ compliance in accordance with ISO 27001 or other recognisable frameworks.
- Previous experience working within a UK Government security environment or Defence sector and familiarity with HMG Security Policy Framework.
- Experience with handling material and managing Security aspects of an accredited facility at the highest level of security classification.
- Demonstrated practical experience of security problem solving – threat identification, finding and implementing solutions to mitigate.
- The ability to undertake Security Clearance requirements: - SC Clearable.
- Candidates will provide evidence of identity & eligibility to work in the UK.
- Professional membership of recognised Security or Risk body is desirable but not essential.
- The ability to manage workload and prioritise tasks.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
Our clients seek innovation, they passionately believe in diversity in their workforce and will invest in their people to deliver exceptional results.