Senior Information Security Advisor to £70k + Excellent Benefits Package
This is an exceptional opportunity to work for our client, a global tech organisation who seek an experienced Senior Information Security Advisor to provide Information Security advice and support complex defence programmes. Assist in the integration of Information Assurance activities with the system engineering, design and manufacturing elements of new business ventures and programmes.
- Provide Information Security advice and support to complex defence programmes.
- Produce Information Security artefacts such as Risk Management and Accreditation Document Set (RMADS) and Security Management Plans (SMP).
- Manage other supporting security artefacts for numerous interlinked systems; work with system engineers to prepare for the accreditation; organise security testing of systems and liaise with the accreditors to enable programme execution.
- Identify security risks within complex information systems and develop effective and risk balanced security measures to mitigate them.
- Ensure Supply Chain Security Assurance through application of the Defence Cyber Protection Partnership (DCPP) and other relevant standards and policies.
- Liaise with customers, accreditors, and technical authorities, including attendance at Security Working Groups.
- Perform security analysis of operational environments, threats, vulnerabilities, and internal interfaces to define and assess compliance to accepted industry and government standards
- Contribute to the development of information governance and risk management structures and processes.
- Knowledge and understanding of MOD and Government Information Security Policy, standards, and guidance.
- Experience of assuring IT systems in a secure government environment (MOD).
- Understanding of systems and security verification, validation, testing and evaluation approaches, including HMG Information Assurance schemes and processes.
- Knowledge and understanding of CESG CAPS and CPA processes and evaluations.
- Experience in generation of Information Security Risk Assessments, Risk Treatment Plans and Risk Management and Accreditation Documents.
- Experience in the specification and development of effective and balanced information assurance solutions or approaches.
- Ability to analyse the security aspects of business risks.
- Pragmatic approach to the recommendation of security controls.
- Ability to plan, prioritise and manage own workload with limited day-to-day supervision, but know when to seek assistance/escalate.
- Experience of working within a UK Government security environment or Defence sector.
- Ideally qualified to degree level (or equivalent) OR with substantial relevant Information Security experience, particularly within a similar role in UK Government or Defence.
- Relevant industry security certifications would be advantageous (CCP, CISSP, CISM).
- The ability to undertake Security Clearance requirements: - SC (DV Capable)/UK National.