Senior Security Manager EMEA Africa Excellent Package
Based Johannesburg, South Africa
Our client seeks a Senior Security Specialist EMEA Security Manager Africa to be accountable for the physical safety and security of employees, buildings, and assets, often with a very high level of regulatory, compliance, financial, and brand impact with a high complexity of work and life safety.
In this crucial role you will be responsible for internal customer engagement, physical security awareness programs, knowledge management, quality assurance and organizational learning. To develop and manage programs to transfer relevant knowledge across organizational boundaries.
- Provide overall physical security support and direction to multiple company business locations across the country. Maintain a site-by-site overview of budgeting/spend, existing conditions, contact data, and location specific information.
- Conduct physical building security risk assessments, surveys, and physical penetration testing.
- Manage the Africa portfolio for contract security services (Guarding/Watchman), to include the development/implementation of Building Security Operations Manual at all sites.
- Execute the planning, design, bid, construction, and commissioning activities for multiple concurrent projects, and oversee all aspects of physical security related to these projects.
- Responsible for hiring and development of talent for the future of the organization within their respective Sub-Region.
- Conduct performance/salary management and all matters related to people management.
- Accountable for 2 direct reports (Country Managers) and a significant number of indirect reports.
- Serve as mentor/coach/thought leader to the lines of business and to Country/Area Manager direct reports.
- Previous experience working as a Senior Security Manager EMEA with in-depth knowledge, skills, and experience in Security Management across multiple corporate sites and Africa.
- Experience providing Security Management for Head office sites and data centres.
- Possess deep understanding of the industry and identify and collect key market information/trends and apply to the organization/processes.
- 10 years’ experience in Physical Security industry or equivalent (military, law enforcement, etc.) or 3 years’ minimum experience in Corporate Security.
- A degree in related field (desirable).
- Ability to pass background verification.
- Foreign language skills desirable; comprehensive English language written and spoken.
Our clients seek innovation, they passionately believe in diversity in their workforce and will invest in their people to deliver exceptional results.