(The role is shift based on a 4 on 4 off pattern)
As the Security Team Manager for this go-to destination, you will provide leadership, management and supervision of Security Teams including core and dedicated relief.
As part of a dedicated security management team, you will be responsible for coordinating security activity across the location. Collaborate with fellow Security Team Managers and the wider team to provide clear and timely communication on key issues that affect the business operation and customer service delivery.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Responsibility for the direct line management of the security teams on this busy and high footfall location.
- Responsibility for team performance including but not limited to; timekeeping, attendance, work performance and performance management and reviews, together with continuous professional development.
- Assist in the recruitment and retention of security personnel.
- Training and development
- Conduct investigations on issues of a disciplinary/capability nature, ensuring that Company Procedures are carried out regarding any disciplinary and appeal incidents.
- Ensuring correct staffing levels for day-to-day activity and effective deployment of teams.
- Monitor and manage officers across regular duties, incident management and pro-active crime prevention.
- Effective briefing of teams encompassing daily duties, incidents, intelligence and crime prevention Functions.
- Provide management support outside of core hours as and when required.
- Ensure that compliance with Assignment Instructions, SOP’s and relevant policies, and that corrective actions are raised where necessary.
- Completion and checking of all accident and health and safety reports
- Complete weekly audits on all security activities and present to Security Operations Manager
- Ensure standards of dress, safety and presentation are always maintained within the security team.
- Manage Opening Up and Lock Down processes and management of key performance indicators and service level agreements.
- Lead the Security Team response to incidents; this may involve making decisions and deploying Officers as required, logging of incidents and occurrences, assisting and / or coordinating the collation of evidence which may include CCTV / body-worn video reviews, retrieval of other recordings or statements, dealing with victims or person(s) reporting incidents either in person or by phone etc.
- When appropriate take operational lead on serious incidents until such a point operational lead is handed over to the Security Operations Manager / Deputy Security Operations Manager or Duty Manager or Silver/Gold Control.
- Gather information and evidence from all incidents to assist in the collation of centre-based intelligence.
- Ensure all incidents are logged and managed effectively through to completion, with suitable debriefing and all documentation completed.
- Ensure that all contractual requirements are properly fulfilled and if there is an issue or concern inform the Security Operations Manager.
- Develop and maintain good working relations with applicable local agencies and services and liaise and build relationships with retailers.
- Any other reasonable request from management or client.