Principle Advisor Security Assurance 12-Month FTC
Guinea, West Africa
Our client is a market leader in their business sector with a global footprint, they seek a Principle Advisor Security Assurance to support alignment between project site and company offices, ensuring best in class security practices are put in place. Providing technical security scopes of work for new locations and facilities such as ports, rail lines and offices, to support two security managers.
- 12-Month Fixed Term Contract, 4 weeks on 2 weeks off rotation.
- Review and update all security policies, plans and procedures for the project and company office.
- Conduct audits of contracted Private Security Companies to ensure compliance.
- Draft technical security scopes of work for new locations and facilities ports rail lines and offices in support of the two security managers.
- Implementation of security measures by implementing partners at the port and rail yards.
- Tests plans and procedures through the arrangement of scheduled exercises.
- Maintain the security team action tracker and manage regular reviews, identifying obstacles that need support.
- Establish and maintain relationships with law enforcement agencies that can directly support office and accommodation locations.
- Conduct VPSHR risk assessments when necessary for interactions with PSF.
- Design develop and implement a comprehensive VPSHR training plan for security stakeholders on the project, including business partners.
- Provide close protection support to senior leaders visiting the site.
- Establish a mentoring and training program for local security supervisors to further their careers and ready for transition into senior roles within the security team.
- Provide assistance to WCS and other company partners security teams in terms of security best practice when required.
- Provide recommendations to the Security Director on gaps in security coverage at sites or suggestions for improvement to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Direct support to the Canga and Conakry Security Managers on behalf of Head of Security RTG
- Previous experience in a similar role working as a security lead managing teams and working with security vendors.
- Formal experience in security or military to NCO beneficial but not essential.
- Experience in the design and implement security framework, including Standard Operating
- Fluent in English and French an advantage.
- Experience working in West Africa essential.
- Criminal background checks required.
- Procedures for construction activity.
- Ability to produce Security risks reviews of areas, work sites and buildings.
- Management of private security contracts and procurement processes.
- Emergency response planning and exercises.
- Experience of self-verification, assurance and audit activity within the extractive and security industry.
- Ability to line manage and talent development security teams and security vendors.
- Diplomatic and able to build relationships with external suppliers and agencies.
- Experience developing capabilities of national teams.
- Security qualification would be beneficial but not essential.