This is an opportunity not to be missed. A very successful multi-national retailer are looking for a Regional Loss Prevention / Security Advisor to be responsible for their stores in the London region.
To provide efficient advice to management ensuring the group strategies, procedures and operational plans for dealing with loss prevention, security, emergency incidents and disaster recovery in the region are monitored, evaluated and implemented effectively.
- Devise and implement exercises relevant to the geographical location and current threat/risk assessment.
- Provide reports as to security infrastructure performance and potential improvements.
- To monitor the risks and threats posed to the business through national and international protest groups.
- To provide bespoke risk-assessments to the business and offer professional advice as to how those risks can be removed or mitigated.
- To provide guidance and education to the business and liaison with civil authorities and practical assistance where a security or critical incident event occurs.
- To provide assistance on the subject of security, risk and critical incidents for debrief, evaluation and insurance audits.
- To develop and maintain a wide network of contacts in the security field within the business and civil authorities
- To provide best practice recommendations and assistance to support policies and procedures to keep people, property and premises safe and reduce loss.
- Store support visits – security and loss prevention advice
- Internal/External crime investigation advice
- Advice and support with safeguarding and employee risk
- Head office and distribution centre security advice
- Security, counter terrorism and loss prevention training
- Police and retail crime partnership liaison.
- New store opening, security systems and customer/crowd management preparation in conjunction with the Senior Management.
- New store opening day – advice and support to senior managers.
- Traveller safety advice – ANVIL and personal briefings.
- To provide practical assistance in relation to breaches of security, e.g. theft and unlawful occupation.
- To monitor & evaluate security teams’ effectiveness and performance.
- To investigate the applicability and usefulness of new or advanced technology to facilities within the business, make recommendations based on its cost effectiveness, suppliers and monitor the effectiveness of any installation.
SSR® Personnel voted the leading security recruiting consultancy is the largest consultancy dedicated to the security, fire, health and safety sectors operating across 6 continents . We have a global presence with our offices in North America & Middle East, with partners in Africa, Asia and Eastern Europe. SSR® have managed over 40,000 contract hire and permanent placements and work with clients that seek innovation , who passionately believe in diversity in their workforce and will invest in them to deliver exceptional results. For details of our opportunities and open vacancies visit our web site www.ssr-personnel.com
- Experience of operating within a retail environment with the ability to implement stock loss, fraud and crime prevention strategies.
- Project management exposure and demonstrable achievement.
- Likely to have extensive middle management level experience in policing, intelligence and/or corporate security management.
- Good understanding or experience of safeguarding.
- Led/influenced significant change processes.
- Led in tough/challenging situations.
- Good understanding of civil, criminal and employment law.
- Demonstrates sound knowledge and understanding of diversity and inclusion.
- Significant practical experience in dealing with major incidents.
- Exposure to investigations spanning multi-executive and judicial environments.
- High level of interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence.
- Good analytical skills.
- High degree / level of integrity and emotional maturity.
- Willing to travel on a frequent basis.