Information Security Officer Business Continuity
up to £55k + Excellent Pension Benefit
Based Wiltshire with Hybrid Working some UK travel
This is an exceptional opportunity to work for our client a service provider to the UK public sector. They seek an Information Security Officer Business Continuity to provide Information Security advice with focus managing Business Continuity from a risk and security programme. In this role the post holder will be a point of contact to provide complex advice on Business Continuity and guidance through to resolution, with support from the SME.
- Develop, maintain, and test the business continuity programme.
- Conduct and Lead on investigations, analysis and reviews following breaches of ICT security
- (or ‘near misses’) and preparing recommendations for security improvements arising from such incidents.
- Advise on the Maintenance of ISMS security controls across the organization.
- Design and facilitate tactical level business continuity, disaster recovery and cyber security response exercises.
- Train colleagues to deliver operational level exercises.
- Maintain a network of business continuity coordinators throughout the business.
- Liaise with business continuity coordinators to develop effective working relationships and documented BCP plans.
- Develop professional relationships with stakeholders and colleagues to share and utilise information, advise and influence managers across the business.
- Work collaboratively on cross-team/pillar tasks and projects to achieve business objective.
- Proactively look for way to improve processes and contribute effectively to the business.
- Responsible for improving own knowledge of specialism.
- Support the overall risk management and governance of your team(s) and the wider business.
- Previous experience working as an Information Security Officer with substantial experience of risk management, cyber and information security.
- Training and experience as either a security analyst or network security Officer
- Practitioner under a scheme like Infosec Training Paths & Competencies (ITPC) scheme
- Business Continuity qualification e.g., BCI Certification Course.
- Ability to form complex communications/messages in a simple, clear and concise manner to the various parts of the company.
- Experience of implementing and managing Business Continuity programmes.
- Excellent stakeholder management and engagement skills; experience of negotiating and managing internal and external stakeholders.
- Administrator skills and abilities to build, manage and investigate for Windows, and Linux systems (desktop and Servers).
- Administrator skills and abilities to manage or investigate either iOS or android devices (preferably iOS).
- Good organisational skills, with the ability to manage and prioritise own workload with little or no senior support.
- Knowledge and experience of continuous improvement.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)/(CISM).
- Member of the Institute of Information Security Professionals (MInst.ISP).
- Practitioner under the Infosec Training Paths & Competencies (ITPC) scheme.
- Experience of working with information covered under the UK Government security practices.
- This role requires SC clearance on appointment.