Superintendent Command Centre
Our client seeks a Superintendent Command Centre to be responsible for all aspects of the 24/7 Security Command Centre. The incumbent will observe, monitor surveillance and all mediums of communications and report suspicious people and activity, take the appropriate action, deploy resources in consultation with the Superintendent Security Operations and ensure the accurate capturing of incidents on the online intelligence platform.
The role will ensure the monitoring of multiple security systems to aid in the safety and security of people, product, assets, and equipment. The incumbent responds and assists security personnel in reporting and managing emergency and non-emergency events.
- Supervising all operational activities relating to the Command Centre operations.
- Ensuring that all activities are carried out in accordance with legislation and Security policies and procedures.
- Providing specialist advice and guidance to team members to ensure that responses are delivered within appropriate policies and legislation and achieve the best possible outcomes.
- Ensuring that the Command Centre supports all security activities on the site.
- Evaluating, assessing and analysing the performance of security personnel.
- Ensuring compliance with policies and regulations while implementing security measures.
- Ensuring all administrative functions are carried out effectively.
- Providing timely communication and actionable intelligence to support the protection of people, assets/intellectual property and infrastructure.
- Compiling and maintaining detailed records of incidents and related statistics and communicate these to the Manager Security Operations.
- Ensuring that contractual requirements are fulfilled as stipulated in the requisite SLAs.
- Constantly evaluating the service levels provided and making recommendations to the Management and the Service provider regarding the improvement of services.
- Liaising daily with management and employees on various security operational issues.
- Ensuring the timeous submission of reports.
- Crisis and emergency management.
- Minimum 8 years of working experience within a Command Centre in law enforcement, emergency services, or private enterprise security operations.
- Minimum of 4 years of leadership experience in a Command Centre environment in security and protection services.
- Private Security Regulatory Authority (PSIRA) as Grade "A" Security Practitioner.
- Good understanding of security management statutory obligations, requirements, and dynamics.
- Security Supervisor training with experience in Command Centres.
- Experience within a mining environment would be beneficial.
- Strong fluency with MS Office.
- Proven track record in developing policies, procedures, and SOPs.
- Grade 12 & National Diploma in Police Management / Security Management.
- Driver’s license.
- Must be SA Passport Holder.