Specialist Security Intelligence
Our client seeks a Specialist Security Intelligence to be responsible for overseeing all aspects relating to security intelligence investigations and the assimilation / analysis of information at the site. The post holder will take the appropriate action and deploy resources to successfully conclude reactive and proactive investigations. The Specialist is furthermore responsible to ensure strong relationships with local law enforcement agencies.
- Supervising all operational activities relating to investigations and the collection and analysis of information.
- Providing timely communication and actionable intelligence to support the protection of people, assets/intellectual property and infrastructure.
- Providing specialist advice and guidance to team members to ensure that responses are delivered within appropriate policies and legislation and achieve the best possible outcomes.
- Ensuring that investigative services are effective in supporting all security activities on the site.
- Evaluating, assessing, and analysing the performance of security personnel.
- Compiling and maintaining detailed records of incidents and related statistics and communicate these to the Head of Security.
- Ensuring that accurate information is captured on the Online Intelligence platform.
- Ensuring that strict confidentiality is maintained regarding all activities in the team.
- Maintaining good relations between the Service Provider, the team, and other stakeholders regarding security services rendered.
- Liaising daily with management and employees on various security operational issues.
- Crisis and emergency management.
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in an investigate and intelligence function within the security or policing environment.
- Minimum 3 years of leadership experience leading investigative teams in policing, security and protection services. Experience within a mining environment would be beneficial.
- Private Security Regulatory Authority (PSIRA) as Grade "A" Security Practitioner.
- Working knowledge of the Firearm Act and Firearm competency for business purposes.
- Experience in leading teams to collect and analyses information and produce meaningful intelligence.
- Strong fluency with MS Office.
- Proven track record in developing policies, procedures, and SOPs.
- Good understanding of security management statutory obligations, requirements, and dynamics.
- Grade 12 & National Diploma in Police Management / Security Management / Law or relevant educational qualification.
- Driver’s license.
- Must be SA Passport Holder.