Attractive Salary and benefits
As Security Manager for this very successful organisation with a long and rich history you will deliver security compliance across the business. You will oversee all operational site-wide security operations ensuring the Security Department carry out their duties to procedure in a professional manner. Support Head of Security in the delivery of the security strategy in relation to aspects of physical security and to act as Head of Security in their absence.
• Manage the 24/7 security department personnel as deployed across site.
• Ensure all security duties and activities are carried out in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Audit procedures and rectify shortfall as required.
• Manage the department rotas, overtime and planned and unplanned absences ensuring adequate cover is provided and personnel remunerated accordingly.
• Ensure that clear lines of communication are maintained within the security departments and wider business.
• Liaise with all company departments and areas, resident contractors and neighbours on security matters or concerns, maintaining good working relationships with all.
• Ensure access control procedures are maintained.
• Acting Deputy Security Controller
• Incident investigation and outcome circulation.
• Maintain and source appropriate training for the security personnel.
• Lead and assist on incident investigations E.g. Using CCTV to review, download and document occurrences in line with CCTV policy.
• Act as a liaison with the Police and external agencies.
• Ensure a good level of housekeeping is maintained within the security offices.
• Ensure that lateness, sickness & absence and holiday procedures are adhered to ensure adequate cover.
• Ensure “front of house” security officers maintain a high professional standard when dealing with visitors, contractors and members of the public.
• To manage in a compliant manner the company’s disciplinary procedure.
• Any other duties commensurate with this role and any other reasonable management requests.
• Maintain, develop and continually improve written security procedures.
• Monitor and manage the required security resources and facilities to maintain operations. Arrange quotes and orders when necessary. E.g., maintenance of security systems and consumable supplies.
• Ensure security systems are operational and properly maintained across site. Be the primary liaison with the systems contractors with regards to maintenance, repairs and improvements. Liaise with Operational areas with regards to their local systems.
• Act as liaison between Security and the IT Department.
• Support the Head of Security in delivery of security strategy.
• Implement and manage the security vetting processes.
• Issuance of Access Cards and maintenance of the records and procedures in line with the vetting process
• Manage the CCTV system and adherence to CCTV policy.
• Strong security management background with proven and demonstrable people management experience.
• Possess the ability to influence at all levels together with excellent leadership skills.
• Self-motivated and disciplined individual with Incident investigation experience and great organisational skills.
• Armed Forces / Police background an advantage.