A VP role supporting the antipiracy function within the business.
Location Middle East excellent remuneration (tax free) and benefits package.
Our client is a major content and rights holder growing their footprint and subscriber services. They seek an individual that can strategically support the organisations disruption of piracy activities, lead financial remediation from unauthorised content access and minimise loss.
• Set strategic direction and execute a scalable and comprehensive legal and digital content protection enforcement strategy.
• Liaise with the technical aspects of antipiracy and content security operations of the business.
• Coordinate internally with remediation on any legal actions.
• Manage & evaluate the security controls, managing associated risks, and developed mitigation plans.
• Liaise within the business on anti-piracy contractual obligations with external parties- rights owners, suppliers, and dealers; ensuring compliance with those obligations.
• Oversee the implementation of the operational anti-piracy programs intended to disrupt and reduce the availability and commercial impact of Piracy.
• Communicate effectively with Management and stakeholders on the antipiracy matters; provide advisory as required.
• Oversee and direct the implementation of policies and processes to maintain and strengthen internal controls and auditing mechanisms.
• Establish and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders and industry partners such as international and local media/broadcasters, federations and authorities in combatting anti-piracy.
• Support government relations parties on piracy related laws/ regulations and information efforts.
• Represent and promote company reputation and profile on public platforms, media, and events.
• Knowledgeable about digital content protection / anti-piracy / brand protection.
• Excellent knowledge on legal antipiracy matters.
• Experienced and knowledgeable on piracy issues affecting the broadcasting sector.
• Knowledge of Digital Rights Management.
• Knowledge of Piracy networks and technologies used for piracy of televised content.
• Knowledge of Fraud prevention and cyber-attacks.
• Management strategy reporting directly to then executive suite, preferably from a TMT industry.
Preferred education certification and languages
Education: Minimum bachelor’s degree in accountancy practice / practice Information Security, Legal or any other relevant discipline from a recognised University is required. Master’s Degree would be an advantage.
English is the business language and another fluent language is highly desirable.
Please send Peter French email@example.com your CV. Please quote reference VP antipiracy