Examples of past assignments
Security Business Development Manager
Job description: To facilitate management aspirations to become an industry recognised Top 10 service provider you will deliver and assist with:
- Preparation and delivery of innovative tenders for new business negotiation of new contracts, including writing and drafting tender and contract documentation. Detailed knowledge of the UK security industry is required.
- Manage and conduct cost analysis, development of cost models, challenging the existing and new supply chain costs in order to produce and present fully cost viable business opportunities to the Security Director, including undertaking cost analysis of new business opportunities.
- Attendance at tender site visits, client meetings and submission interviews, preparation and delivery of presentations and completed tender documents to prospective clients.
Candidate profile: You will be an industry recognised BDM who has strong relationships with multiple stakeholders across varying sectors. Your focus will be on the corporate element of manned guarding and the delivery of up to date industry leading electronic and physical security systems. You will be able to deliver a one stop shop security solution for both existing and new clients
Qualifications or Required Experience:
- Good understanding of the marketplace, key competitors and key trends within the industry.
- Proven successful track record in identifying and securing profitable business
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Effective meeting management skills
- Thorough appreciation of the security marketplace with the ability to identify opportunities through business intelligence
- Strong financial acumen, able to demonstrate ability to secure business which supports business development objectives and profitable business growth
- Sound understanding of Strategic Analysis, Risk Analysis & Business Assurance systems
- Good IT skills, ability to use common MS applications
- Ability to build and sustain relationships at a senior level
Business Development Manager
Location(s): London & Home Counties
Job description: To manage the generation of new business from new and existing customers to achieve budgeted profit levels.
To work closely with all Sales staff with a view to ensuring that expected performance objectives for the department are achieved or exceeded.
- To identify opportunities for new business through market research.
- To support the production of bids for new business and effect professional bid management.
- To secure new business through the use of effective sales and negotiation.
- To identify additional opportunities with existing clients
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with other members of the Business Development team and the Management team to enable a team approach to client development and new business development.
- Ensure that, at all times, the business development service provision reflects the professional image of the Company and strive to continually improve the service.
- Have an excellent understanding of the activities of the industry, the company and the services available.
Candidate profile: To be successful in this exciting opportunity you will poses the following skills and experience.
Previous experience in a similar role working as a BDM in the man guarding industry.
A proven track record of success in building customer relationships and sales in the man guarding industry.
In depth knowledge and experience in the formulation and delivery of annual sales plans.
The ability to produce and present successful tenders to both private and public sector clients.
Knowledge and skills to maintain and develop relationships with existing customers.
The proven ability to complete site surveys and produce successful quotations and tender documents.
Have proven strong influencing and questioning skills.
The ability to hold effective client conversations and be able to prioritize a busy and varied workload.
Target driven, determined and highly motivated.
Location(s): West Midlands
Job description: Our client is currently looking for an Area Manager to manage operations for mobile staff whilst reporting and acting on, where appropriate opportunities for additional sales within the West Midlands.
Duties will include:
- Ensuring that correct staffing levels are met.
- Deliver income and margin expectations in line with budget and business targets.
- Overseeing staff presentation, uniforms.
- Drive customer service delivery standards to an exceptional level and improve client retention rates.
- Develop existing client relationships and identify potential new revenue streams.
- Maximise employee development and identify training needs required.
- Deliver the security service in a cost effective manner.
- Set clear objectives to the staff and monitor improvement and progress.
- Manage all KPI measures and achieve a continual improvement culture.
- Must be able to fully investigate and deliver articulate and accurate reports following an incident or issues from a client
- Experience of leading a team, identifying and addressing any potential issues at an early stage.
- An ability to communicate at all levels and to build effective relationships.
- Proven ability to drive in change that delivers positive benefits.
- Security industry knowledge
- Sound operational skills and commercial acumen are essential.
- The ideal candidate will be able to deliver exceptional customer service, have excellent relationship building skills and be able to manage and develop employees.
- Full UK Driving License
- Have the ability to produce written literate reports
- Must be prepared to work unsociable hours
- Must hold an SIA License
- BDM experience is essential
Senior BDM - London South East
Location(s): London - South East
Job description: Selling within the South East and London region, you will be representing a growing manned guarding and electronic security service provider.
Working within a successful sales team, you will be targeting regional and national contracts within a wide range of vertical markets. With a strong retail presence, they also cover a number of corporate contracts as well as large construction assignments.
Your main function will be developing new business, however, you will also be keeping in touch with your clients on a regular basis developing a strong relationship with them.
This company offers a unique working environment, where a flexible working approach is encouraged as well as having the opportunity to bring new ideas to the table.
Candidate profile: This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast-growing business, who will offer an attractive salary and benefits package to rival any out there. You will be a successful seller within the manned guarding sector, looking for a quality company to join.
Senior Security Sales Professional South East
Location(s): London South East
Job description: International support services group are looking for the above to develop their manned guarding and risk management services in the UK, Ireland and Europe.
This company specialise mainly within the cleaning and waste management service sectors, with offices situated across the globe. The UK head office is based in London, which also incorporates their control room and recently, due to their European expansion plans, they have set up a security division, which offers manned guarding and risk management to complement their existing service portfolios.
Working closely with the head of security and the group head of sales to target new and existing clients across the UK Europe, you will be offering complex security solutions to regional, national and international companies, through the company's contacts as well the key relationships you have developed within the security sector.
Candidate profile: You will be a highly successful sales professional, with a proven track record at securing blue chip corporate manned guarding contracts, ideally with a minimum of 10 years within the guarding sector.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly expanding support services group and develop you career within the European markets as well as developing a team as the security sector grows.
Basic salary is up to 70K with 35% bonus, Car or 8K allowance and healthcare.
For more information, please call or email.
Key Account Manager
Job description: Working for one of UK's leading security companies, you will be part of a successful team who target national accounts across the country. The current team are struggling to cope with the current tender request volume and therefore, targeting the most profitable contracts is also a major factor. Contract value has no upper limit; however, the majority are between �1m- �5m accounts.
With each Key Account Manager working within their vertical market, you will be liaising with the team targeting areas of development. This is a close knit unit, who develop relationships with clients and ensure the contracts are run efficiently with ongoing contact with the client as well as the operations team.
You will have a great deal of autonomy to develop your relationships as well as being able to present innovative solutions and ways to offer added value to clients.
Candidate profile: You will have a successful track record at presenting and winning manned guarding contracts within any sector and either looking for a step up to Key Accounts, or ready to work within a market leader and heighten your profile.
The commission on offer is uncapped and in year 2, you will be expected to earn a six figure salary.
Business Development Manager
Location(s): South East
Job description: Regional security company with extremely high contract retention are looking to develop their business within the South East. Currently the company operate with the majority of their contracts situated within the M25. They also have offices in the US servicing clients on recommendation from their UK contracts.
You will be joining a stable management structure, who are currently investing in their people to encourage retention and growth.
With the company growing organically and through referral, you will be creating and developing a customer database, formulating strategies to gain business, including marketing campaigns, attending networking functions and advising on potential assignments to move the company into its next level of operation.
As part of their long term objectives, you will have the opportunity to develop a dedicated sales function within the business, setting up telesales and incorporating additional sales people to target further expansion within the UK.
Candidate profile: You will currently be a successful sales professional, ideally within the guarding sector, but not essential, who is looking for a company to realise your potential.
In return you will enjoy an unrivalled commission structure, which is paid for the LIFE of contract, as well as career progression within this forward thinking organisation.
Key Account Sales Manager
Location(s): Key Account Sales Manager
Job description: National Security Group are looking for a dynamic and experienced national account seller to develop business in the City of London. With the majority of their accounts developing from single/multi-site to national, you will have excellent referrals to assist in targeting major contracts within the Corporate, Retail and MOD sectors.
Reporting into the Sales Director, there will be full office backup, with the support of administrators and a tender specialist. your primary duty will be to develop relationships for potential business. The company also offers a CCTV and access control service, where you can offer clients a complete security package.
With proven staff retention figures and quality service delivery, the use of Operations Managers during the tendering process is encouraged, although not necessary in all cases.
Candidate profile: You will have a successful track record at presenting and securing multi million pound service based contracts within the manned guarding, cleaning or FM sector and you will be either ready for the step up to national accounts, or within a key Account role at present.
In return, you will be offered an above average package to include a quality vehicle (BMW or equivalent) and any support you need to develop an already successful formula.
Job description: Security division of a larger group are looking for a senior BDM to cover the Scotland region. Based in Glasgow or Edinburgh, you will be targeting regional and national contracts, primarily focussing on the guarding sector, but also able to offer a total solution package to the client.
With a growing reputation of exceptional service delivery, they have grown rapidly organically and currently have a healthy portfolio of corporate blue chip accounts in Scotland.
You will be working within a close knit team, where you will have full back office support as well as the support of the Directors, who will get involved at any stage of the bid process.
Candidate profile: You are a successful seller ideally within the guarding sector, with a proven track record at security blue chip accounts with corporate and commercial clients.
This a rare opportunity to join a successful security company with the backing of a larger group offering progression and stability.
The salary is negotiable for the right candidate and earnings are uncapped.