The company designs, installs, and maintains integrated end-to-end surveillance control systems for some of the UK’s most demanding security environments.
You will have a deep understanding of the Security industry, the routes to market, key technology providers, the competitive landscape and emerging technology trends. Through your strong technical and industry standing you will be able to grow our reputation as a solution provider in the industry and lead a team of Nottingham based design engineers, ensuring they have the appropriate skills to deliver innovative and commercially compelling customer solutions. You will also have the capability and credibility to act in a Director designate role for the Commercial Director where required.
You will be required to support the implementation and manage the control of the design process to ensure that the design and procurement of specialist packages are delivered to meet customer and delivery requirements.
• Understanding customer requirements thoroughly to give direction for a bid winning solution.
• Manage the development and implementation of technical design proposals to meet the customers’ requirements including budget constraints, and presenting proposals for approval to the customer
• Develop winning bid strategies through technical innovation in our proposed solutions.
• Liaise with all statutory bodies / authorities as required – such as town planning, building control and services.
• Input into company technology strategy.
• Lead the local coordination and production of design data, bid deliverables, reports and documentation essential to the project and contractual requirements and report progress against the design deliverables programme
• You will ensure our technical skills are backed up with strong commercial knowledge of our contractual obligations and ensure our project activities are profitable and contribute towards our objectives
• Maintain a deep understanding of the company’s sector requirements through excellent communication and collaboration with the sales team and customers.
• Engage with and develop vendor partnerships that offer the company differentiation either commercially or technologically to drive competitive advantage
• Provide design and architectural leadership to major programmes and projects, ensuring that they align to our client's business/IT strategies and meet Design Authority standards.
• Provides technical direction for the design, and systems integration for client engagement from definition phase through implementation.
• Applies significant knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve service to our clients.
Qualifications and experience: Essential
• Deep understanding of the integrated security solutions market and associated technologies including IP networks and cloud-based deployment.
• Highly customer-focused with an ability to build strong relationships with customers based on trust and openness.
• Able to make effective decisions sometimes under pressure and with consideration of short term and long-term impacts of those decisions.
• Able to contribute and optimise process workflow across the organisation.
• Well-structured, disciplined, and organised.
• Able to lead/direct multiple activities through others in parallel and without getting lost in the finite detail – able to act strategically as well as coaching and leading day to day.
• Have successfully held a management position within a similar-sized electrical/security organisation within the security industry for a minimum of 5 years.
• Performance and achievement driven – high level of energy, drive, determination, and enthusiasm.
• Experience of directing the bid process to successful outcomes.
• Design, engineering, or construction qualifications preferred.
• Experience of managing workflows successfully.