A Project Engineer is required to join the delivery team. You should fully understand the design & engineering requirements of building control systems of varying complexity in a range of small to very large buildings complexity. You will need a thorough understanding of both mechanical and electrical building systems and have the ability pull the various elements into one package to fulfill customers’ requirements. Applicants should have engineering skills as detailed below:
- Fire Safety Systems understanding and awareness
- Electrical installation & control panel knowledge
- Experience working on large scale projects
- Project Engineering experience
- Be able to demonstrate strong documentation skills
- Produce high quality documentation
• Ensure proper up-to-date and detailed technical records are kept and produce Project O&M Manuals.
- A detailed understanding of specialist building systems such as BMS, fire safety, security systems, and the building systems aspects of ICT infrastructure
- Define testing methodologies for building system integration, both factory testing and site testing
- Determine project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards; completing technical documentation and preparing cost estimates.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Ensure that a consistently high standard of workmanship is maintained for the project, assessing contract works implementation, giving early warnings to Siemens.
- Identify technical issues on site, recommend corrective action to the Project Manager, adopt a proactive approach to problem resolution.
- Witness testing, commissioning and performance testing of engineering installations ensuring all permits. SSoW /RAM's/AFC drawings are in place and test documentation is accurately completed.
- Prepare schedules of defects and certify rectification of snagging items
This is a contract position for 6 months. Locations of work; to be based out of Frimley, Surrey and on-site in Reading. To start ASAP.