Security Systems Engineer - Hertfordshire based - £32k + Pension, 4weeks Holiday, My Rewards and many more benefits
The main duties for the Security Systems Engineer (Level 4) include:
- Attending client/customer premises to carry out routine maintenance work, essential/emergency repairs, system upgrades and new installations for the following product groups
- Intruder Alarms (DSC, Risco and Orisec experience is desirable but not essential as full training is provided)
- CCTV Systems
- Door Access & Entry Systems
- Smart Homes Systems
- Engineers should have a demonstrable experience of both domestic and commercial maintenance and installation work, including both wired and wireless systems. A knowledge of basic IP networking is also essential.
- During visits to clients/customer premises, engineers will be expected to offer best advice with regards to securing and protecting the customers premises. This will include system design and specifying for both new installations and upgrades
- Engineers will be expected to provide support and assistance to more junior members of the field team
- Engineers are responsible for ensuring that they have all the necessary equipment and stock required, and that their vehicle and uniform is representative of our company and Halo brands. Stock/tool/uniform orders should be submitted in advance to ensure customer appointments proceed as planned
- Weekly vehicle and stock checks should be completed
- Engineers will participate in an emergency call-out rota, providing 24hr cover and a 4hr emergency response time to customers.
The company has national UK mainland coverage, and some travel is expected from time to time outside the engineer’s normal day to day area. Key Responsibilities:
- Flexibility to adapt working hours to meet with customer requirements.
- Daily duties to attend domestic and small commercial premises to complete routine service and maintenance work. On completion of work complete job dockets/paperwork
- Undertake domestic installations as surveyed. This includes fitting of fused spurs after completion of mains compliance course.
- Provide excellent Customer Service to meet the expectations and requirements of both the contracted and non-contracted customers, establishing and maintaining effective relationships with customers to install the appropriate devices; dismantle and reconstruct equipment as required by the customer.
- Give assurance to customers on how to use the system and where any potential new products may be suitable.
- Adhere to strict health & safety guidelines.
- Calling customers to advise time of arrival.
- Lead any new commercial sales in your area through to completion. Ensuring full compliance with regulations.
- Report any changes, deficiencies or deviations in systems to Manager/Office.
- Promote the company’s image at all times.
- Achieve and exceed work performance targets and adhere to ISO 9001 procedures.
Other duties may be undertaken as and when required, in particular when new business is gained.Competencies and Knowledge:Essential:
- Dedicated to the provision of excellent customer services
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Willingness to learn on the job with internal training.
- Develop a team atmosphere through hard work, calmness and consistency whilst working unaccompanied
- Delivering objectives and strict performance results
- No colour sight deficiency (due to nature of work)
- Full Driving licence (max 6 points)
Skills and Qualifications:Essential
- Ability to lift, carry and climb ladders, ensuring conformance to health and safety requirements
- Ability to use power tools to repair and/or dismantle equipment.
- Knowledge of CCTV & Access Control standards i.e. NCP 109, NCP 104
- Knowledge of intruder alarm standards i.e. BS4737 EN50131, PD6662, DD243, BS8243.
- Knowledge of Risco and DSC intruder alarm systems is desirable
Please contact Reiss Gordon firstname.lastname@example.org or 02086263110 for more information
- 3 Years+ experience within a Security Systems Service & Installation role
- A wide range of Intruder Alarm Manufacturer experience.
- Demonstrate a successful track record of achievement in a customer facing environment. Ideally in domestic homes.
- Demonstrable knowledge of CCTV & Access Control
- Willingness to develop in the company brand
- Surveying & Quotation Experience
- Previous experience of managing commercial installations from start to finish
- Relevant Additional Certificates i.e. IPAF, Working @ Height is desirable