This well-established fire engineering consultancy are looking to recruit a Smoke Control/Smoke Ventilation Engineer to provide engineering compliance, regulatory knowledge and design assistance for their wide ranging client base. Other duties will include conducting site inspections form maintenance review, equipment inspection, RIBA witness/handover, report writing and responding to customer requests. The successful applicant will be the “go to” employee for smoke control and AOV engineering.
Candidate swill need the following skills:
• A technical background in the smoke control/ventilation industry with at least 2 years’ experience.
• A good knowledge and understanding of Smoke Control design principles, Product selection and Installation and commissioning procedures gained working with the industry.
• Working knowledge of the latest BS EN 12101, ADB, BS 9999, BS 9991, BS 5839 - 1 & BS 7346 part 8
• Understanding of the RIBA Stages for Construction
• Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel proficient
• Financial and commercial awareness would be beneficial.
• Good time management organisational skills
• A full UK driving licence
This interesting opportunity to work for a fire engineering consultancy comes with a basic salary to £55,000 (negotiable), the opportunity to work from home (excluding site visits and some meetings held at their offices), all travel expenses, private health insurance and pension.