Head of Security
Based Sheffield (Hybrid)
We are very proud to have been retained by Sheffield Forgemasters to help them find their next Head of Security. Sheffield Forgemasters has consistently been a market leader in the steel industry and can trace its origins back over 200 years. Operating globally, they bring innovation to complex manufacturing and forging processes within the UK’s civil and defence sector. With significant investment from the MOD, they are looking to appoint a Head of Security who can lead on all aspects of security and risk.
- Develop and implement the Security and Data Management Strategy covering all areas of security risk.
- Protect the staff, assets, Data, information, reputation and brand of the Company.
- Ensure robust policies and procedures are in place and maintained.
- Ensure full compliance with the Company’s contractual obligations both in the UK & US.
- Ensure physical Security measures effectively protect the business assets and people in line with identified threats.
- To work closely with the IT department to ensure the cybersecurity element is compliant with their defence security obligations.
- To build good working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Deliver the duties of the Security Controller as outlined in the Cabinet Office Security Policy Framework.
- Leadership and management of Security Manager and site Security team and INFO Sec officer.
- Ensure effective Security measures are adopted across all Company locations and the supply chain.
- Identify security risks and recommend appropriate mitigation measures.
- Management of the Security budget and all security related contracts.
- Arranging for appropriate security education and awareness training, to ensure understanding of the scale, nature of threats and protective security controls required.
- The ideal person would have security experience in a similar role together with relevant security qualifications from the Security Institute, MOD or equivalent.
- Hold current SC level security clearance or attain upon recruitment.
- Security Controller’s course an advantage.
- Exemplary communication skills and the ability to deal effectively and manage stakeholders at all levels.
- Good understanding of security issues within a defence organisation.
- In depth understanding of security vetting and the threats to an organisation’s security and integrity.
- knowledge MoD JSP 440, NIST, CMMC and ISO 27001 knowledge an advantage.