Our client seeks an Analyst to be responsible for all aspects of analysis of security data, crime reporting, criminal statistics, and trends. Responsible for in-depth research and analysis in support of the security function of the organization and provide support to investigators. Gather and evaluate information from different sources to predict and prevent criminal activities. Write reports and create oral briefings. Interact with internal and external sources to build pictures of the risk landscape.
- Receipt and assess information and maintenance of record management systems, ensuring that there is effective record management and audit trail.
- Disseminate intelligence/ information, where required, to support ongoing operations and aid with the achievement of the Security department’s objectives.
- Prepare, deliver, and present analytical information for use in disciplinary and court proceedings, as required.
- Analysing security breaches to identify the root cause and monitoring security access.
- Responsible for the prevention of crime through collection, analysis, and reporting of data.
- Responsible for investigating and documenting security breaches or attacks.
- Research and stay aware of current IT security trends, news and security enhancements and make recommendations to management.
- Prepare reports that document security breaches and the extent of the damage caused by the breaches.
- Use advanced analytic tools to determine emerging threat patterns and vulnerabilities.
- 3 -5 years of working experience as an analyst in law enforcement or private enterprise security operations. Experience within a mining environment would be beneficial.
- College/University Education: Grade 12 & Relevant Diploma/Degree in Information Systems/Data Management. Experience within a security operation in the mining or industrial environment beneficial.
- Training: Data analytics.
- Strong fluency with MS Office.
- Good understanding of security management statutory obligations, requirements, and dynamics.
- Must be SA Passport Holder.