Head of Security
This type of opportunity doesn’t come around very often! Our client is a major global retailer who are looking for a senior security/LP leader within their business. Based in London/South East you will be instrumental in a number of key areas of protecting their people, property and brand. Key responsibilities include Security and Safety, Travel Safety and Investigations / High Technology Crime. Responsibilities include:
• Subject matter expert in security, major crisis and critical incidents that affect the business locally and globally.
• Provide functional expertise in the area of Physical/Technical Security, ensuring the protection of all team members, across all stores, distribution centres and offices along with protection of the brand of the organisation.
• Develop appropriate business security policies and procedures to support security activities globally and manage 3rd party agencies to ensure high standards of service are delivered.
• Provide and manage investigations across the operation to ensure protection against all forms of internal criminality and external organised crime.
• Manage and deploy investigations resources to resolve crime and address breaches of policies and procedures.
• Provide objective security advice both locally and globally and deliver options with close coordination of senior executives.
• Ensure the safety of travellers and international assignees regardless of role or location, globally.
• Strong background in progressive roles in security management, preferably with significant experience in the private sector.
• Experience of security service, law enforcement or military with demonstratable senior command experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills together with the ability to influence senior management and interact effectively with all levels of management.
• Professional certifications an advantage i.e. security management, CPP, Certified Emergency Manager (CEM).
• Collaborative/consultative communication and leadership style.
• Proactive, well organised and results orientated with the ability to lead and participate in multiple projects simultaneously.
• Remains calm and consistent during a crisis with the ability to operate in highly volatile, ambiguous terrains.
• Good network of external law enforcement and security agency contacts.
• Fluency in English is required with other languages an advantage (French, Spanish, Arabic).