Head of Security Extensive Benefits
Guinea, West Africa
Our client is a market leader in their business sector with a global footprint, they seek a Head of Security in Guinea, to develop implement and roll out the security strategy across the facility. In this critical role the successful candidate will be responsible for providing security capabilities and developing best in class strategies to ensure a safe and secure environment for personnel the site and the assets of the company.
- 24-Month Fixed Term Contract, 4 weeks on 2 weeks off rotation.
- Responsible for providing security capabilities, developing strategies to ensure a safe and secure operation.
- To enhance, implement and roll out the security strategy in Guinea.
- Lead and promote operational excellence of the security teams, including contractors.
- Provide strategic advice to the leadership team and Global Security on all relevant areas of risk, process & governance.
- Identify strategic objectives, and metrics consistent with the strategic security plan.
- Gather data for the analysis of situations, presenting findings to leadership to ensure the protection of employees, contractors, resources, systems, and other assets.
- Analyse business resilience and security incidents to mitigate future risks.
- Design and deliver training to raise awareness of security key principles.
- Championing change and promote sustainable development.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external & internal providers/stakeholders to support security department objectives.
- Previous experience in a similar role working as a security lead managing teams and working with security vendors.
- Experience in security leadership in Africa in the extraction industry.
- Awareness of cultural sensitivity working in Africa.
- Ability to work within a project environment and operate in a networked organisation.
- Background in law enforcement and or national & international security management.
- Track record of high value security leadership in different jurisdictions.
- Degree in security/risk management, criminology, police or military studies or other relevant qualification.
- Clean criminal and civil record.
- Good understanding of French institutional and legal system requirements/ Fluency in English and French.