Examples of past assignments
Position: Security Vetting Officer
Job description: The successful candidate will be required to:
- Ensure all vetting applications are processed efficiently and timely
- Establish and maintain a good working relationships;
- Produce security ID passes;
- Assist with administration of the access control system;
- Conduct note exchange interviews;
- Maintain, monitor and analyse patterns of criminal behaviour using the intelligence database;
- Undertake due diligence;
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
Candidate profile: Essential skills and competencies are:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability and confidence to communicate with people at all levels, internally and externally;
- Excellent work load and self-management skills;
- Good attention to detail with high degree of accuracy;
- Flexibility and adaptability, able to multi task effectively;
- Competent IT user, with the ability to quickly develop skills using new IT systems;
- Good analytical skills;
- Discretion at all times as the role will involve dealing with confidential/sensitive information;
- Good team player, always willing to assist others.
Relief Security Officer
Location(s): Royston, Hertfordshire
Job description: This role will be to cover existing Shift Officers holiday, training and sick absence; providing additional manning as required. The shift pattern will be a mix of 12-hour night and 12- or 8-hour day shifts. The average working week will be 42/45 hours.
- Control Movement on and Off site to prevent unauthorised access, to reduce risk to employees and loss or damage to property.
- Monitor the protective security systems; CCTV, Alarms and Computerised Equipment, responding and taking appropriate action as defined in the Security Standing Order Procedures.
- Carry out Patrols to maintain a visual Security presence and confirm all areas are routinely monitored and Safety, Security needs met.
- Conduct Searches as defined in the Security Standing Order Procedures, to the trained standard, reporting incidents in line with assignment instructions
- Carry out reception duties, greet customers, issues pass, issue keys, communicate via radio/telephone and organise shift cover.
- Previous Corporate Security experience
- You will be expected to study for, and obtain the City and Guilds Certificate for Security Guards and then a National
- Vocational Qualification Level 2 in Providing Security Services if you do not hold these already
- You will be expected to study for a First Aid qualification
- Successful candidate will be subject to a Basic Criminal Records Check and security screening
- The successful candidate will need to be flexible and contactable, taking it in turn to be on-call and able to respond to short notice requests to cover sick absence
- Own transport or live locally
Corporate Security Officer
Job description: Working at the corporate offices of this very successful financial institution in London, you will be instrumental in protecting employees, visitors, information and property. Working on a shift system patrolling security officers provide security and corporate services functions throughout the site duties include:
- Act as first responder to H&S and Security Issues
- Patrols (Internal & External)
- Recognising and dealing with potential security risks
- Response to alarms
Candidate profile: The successful applicant must have:
- Strong experience within corporate security.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Computer literate
- A clean current driving licence and have own transport as you may be called upon to travel to other sites within the Home Counties area at short notice.
Corporate Security Officer
Location(s): Near Epsom, Surrey
Job description: As Corporate Security Officer for this well-known financial institution you will get involved in all aspects of security within these corporate offices. Duties include, Patrols, Reception, H&S/Fire, dealing with incidents, control room etc.
Candidate profile: Applicants must have a strong background within Corporate Security with excellent communication skills and be able to work well within a team.